SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elsasmom_gw

Elsa/cystitis/vinegar

ElsasMom
9 years ago

Last night I was frantically searching through messages trying to find the amount of apple cider vinegar and water to give for the cystitis symptoms Pjanedapain posted about; I had the how much of the water and how much the vinegar but not the how much to give and how many times per day. Elsa was in pain from the cystitis and all I had to sooth her with was the Methigel and an appointment with our vet for the following day. I decided to take matters in hand and gamble on what I knew.

I mixed the water and apple cider vinegar and gave her 1cc of the mixture. She was feeling so bad, I was so worried about her and it was killing me that I couldn't somehow take away all her pain.

I stayed up all night with her and about 2 AM I began to notice a change in her, she wasn't running back and forth to the litter box every 10 minutes, I offered her food and she ate a good amount and then she laid down and fell into a deep sleep, in fact she even began to snore loudly. This morning she was a totally different cat, I couldn't believe what a change in her.

At lunch time John and I were talking (he calls me every day on his lunch break) and I was telling him how much better Elsa was doing. He then began telling me about his grandparents and vinegar. John said his grandmother would get up every morning, go to the frig, get out a quart of pickles and take a "big old drink" as he stated and every morning his grandfather would take a tablespoon of vinegar. John's grandfather was plagued with kidney stones for years until someone told him to try vinegar and John's grandmother had terrible bladder infections along with bouts of cystitis until she tried vinegar for her problem. John said every morning, first thing, his and her vinegar.

Elsa has had a total of 3 doses of the apple cider vinegar and water and she is like a different cat. She is eating better and was actually even a little bit fiesty with me this evening, first time in years.

I'm thrilled and it appears Mz. Elsa is as well.

Comments (3)