SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Newby question - dogs doesn't bark

hilltop_gw
9 years ago

First time posting in this particular forum.
We recently had a dog show up at our farm site- I'm not sure if she was dumped or where she came from.
We haven't had a dog in about 20 years.
We couldn't have asked for a nicer dog - she's gentle, doesn't jump, doesn't make a mess, etc.
She's been running back and forth to the neighbors a mile away; however they're expecting a baby soon and not wanting a dog. Plus, with the cold wintry weather, we have a heated shop that we let her stay in so she's gradually adopting us

But my concern is she doesn't bark which doesn't seem natural. I looked on line and it appears this could be a sign of Laryngeal Paralysis or a tumor. Has anyone encountered a situation like this? If so, what did you do?

I'm not keen on running her to the veterinarian and incurring costs. Plus I have no idea if someone will come looking for her. For now we've been keeping her warm and fed. We're not sure how old she is or what breed - thinking lab/German Sheperd cross. When she first arrived it looked like she may have had pups in the not to distant past.

These pics were taken when she first arrived and she'd look in the door to my office. Ultimately I bought a bag of bacon treats which really won her over.

Comments (9)