SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Sink issue; Kohler stages 45 sink question(s)

crl_
9 years ago

I'm working on kitchen sink planning. I'd love to have a main sink and a secondary sink, but it's challenging to make that work smoothly in our space. So I'm considering two sinks side by side or one very big sink.

My main problem with just one sink is that my kids and dh want to use the sink to wash their hands while I'm trying to get drinks and last minute dinner things together. I'm wondering whether a sink like the stages 45 or a very big single sink with two faucets would really help with this use conflict. My current (very old cast iron) sink is quite big already at about 28 inches inside the bowl.

Can two people fit side by side at the stages 45? Can you wash hands over the shallow shelf part of the sink? Or would that just cause splashing? I'm guessing I couldn't drain pasta in one end while handwashing was going on the other end because the hot water could splash over?

Fwiw, I'm considering a wallmount faucet (my sink run is not standard depth and can't be made standard depth without causing a cascade of issues, so wall mount saves on deck space) with a kohler hirise independent side sprayer installed on the side at the back corner. This would give me a low profile second faucet since it is plumbed separately and can be operated independently of the main faucet and a sprayer. Would you install the sprayer on the self end or the deep end?

Thanks so much for any thoughts on this!

Comments (11)