SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

Concrete slab porch & wood

CEFreeman
9 years ago

Hi all!
I'm messing around with ideas for flooring in different parts of my home.
I have a ton of beautiful, wide (up to 16"!) antique pine boards, 3/4" thick.
I have gorgeous oak, again, very wide. This stuff is live edge and I believe was used for shelving somewhere.

I just picked up WIDE slabs from a tree service that mills their trees. They've been evicted by the county after 40 years and must move. The county is building an off ramp through this area, family cemetery and tributary to the Patuxent be damned.

Anyway, they're practically giving away absolutely gorgeous lumber so they don't have to cut it into firewood. I picked up a load of 36" to 48" wide oak, poplar, and cherry. I see cabinet doors in my future, but I digress.
I'm invited to come get what I want and an incredible, tip-the-laborer price and am now rethinking a lot of home things.

So getting to my point. I'm deciding what I want where. Some is going to become my porch ceilings. Some kitchen floor. My thought, since buying slate is insanely expensive, is could I do something wood on my back porch slab? It's covered, and will be closed in eventually.

If this is not crazy doable, what are the procedures, recommendations, and warnings?
Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments (2)