SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janesylvia

air purifier, blueair 650E/IQ healthpro plus/whirlpool AP51030K

janesylvia
9 years ago

I am considering buying one or two more air purifiers due to my allergy. I have to often take Allegra or Clariton. I did some research and found the following models are very good---BlueAir 650E, IQAir healthpro plus, whirlpool AP51030K, but I don't know which one would be the best. Can anyone help me to choose?

Any input or sharing of experience is greatly appreciated.

This post was edited by janesylvia on Sun, Feb 1, 15 at 13:49

Comments (4)

• Konrad___far_north
    9 years ago

Well, I checked them out a little,..the Blueair gets .003 microns out of the air, the whirlpool .3 microns,..not sure if they mean the same, a micron is meant in thousand, so I would think both are removing the same, 3 mircrons.

Both are costly in filter replacement, guess that has to be expected. I think some offer free filters for several years,..please do a little more research.

One downside to the Blueair 650E's use of ionization is that it emits ozone, though it meets FDA standards for ozone emissions. It's capable of cleaning rooms up to 698 square feet. Filters for both the IQAir models and the Blueair 650E are expensive, but the Blueair 650E requires filter replacements every six months, adding to the overall cost.

• janesylvia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you very much for your help, Konrad.

Yes, Whirlpool removes dust of 0.3 microns, Blueair: 0.1microns, IQAir: 0.003 microns. According to BlueAir's web site and consumer report, Blueair 650E has zero ozone emission, unlike winix air cleaner which admits some ozone.

• Konrad___far_north
    9 years ago

OK..one micron is one thousands of a millimeter.

The Blueair then cleans much much more! 0.003 = 3 microns.
    .3 micron = 100 times larger particles in the whirlpool.

If that's true who knows, ..if not needed to clean out air this much and perhaps more filter changes are necessary I might try the other, lesser expensive first and see if it works for you and have a month or so return policy.

• doctormstein1
    9 years ago

If you can afford it, the only air purifier that can get down to .003 microns is the IQAir Healthpro plus. I was in and out of a hospital emergency room 4 times in two months unable to catch a breath. Within 2 hours of turning on my unit I could not believe that I was finally able to catch a full breath. Hospitals and medical facilities all over the world use an IQair unit.. Remember most HEPA filters on go down to .3 microns but 90% of the particles in the air are smaller then this. If you have allergies, asthma, COPD, or any other breathing problem caused by things like mold spore or animals, don't waste your money on other units. If you do not have an allergy or breathing problem the blueair would be a second choice.

Sponsored