SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roxanne9388

Please review! - Main floor 1st draft

Roxanne9388
9 years ago

We hired an architect 6 months ago and knew he wouldn't be able to work on our plans for several months due to personal reasons. So we haven't reviewed our original plans in this time either while we waited! It would be nice to get some fresh eyes on our plan.

I am sorry that this image is small. I am not exactly computer literate and when I made the picture bigger it became quite warped. The overall dimensions are 38x42. I can give any other information asked.

This is only the main floor. We will have laundry, 2 baths (1 ensuite), and 3 bedrooms (including the master) upstairs. The great room is two stories. Originally the large bath on the main floor was supposed to be a guest ensuite. The other room is an office. And I sort of like the idea of double doors in the foyer (air-lock) to keep bugs out as we will be building in/clearing bush land. I had also wanted the kitchen island to be turned the other way, with a prep sink on the oven side. This would change the dimensions of most of the main floor though. I had wanted a built-in hutch on the side of the kitchen where the pantry is, and a smaller pantry in that corner of the kitchen. I have already decided to some degree changes/layout I would like to make in the mudroom. The mudroom would include a large closet, built-ins (lockers, etc), powder room, place for a deep freeze, laundry hook-ups and as large a pantry as space allows. Doors to the front of the house are also on my mudroom list. I would also like a bit wider staircase as we will have a lot of furniture up those stairs and a lot of traffic there (we will be having baby #3 in a few months). We had planned on this home being a walk-out, but seeing how we likely won't develop the basement for a few years, and won't really need to, I don't even know if we would fully appreciate it or need it.

Can't wait to hear some feedback! I have been reading up on things on this site for a couple of years and would like to get into some discussions as we begin our journey.

Comments (15)