SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginnyjj9b

Which word processing program do you like?

ginjj
9 years ago

I need to decide on one word processing program to use and then learn it.

I LOVED Microsoftsoft Word 2003; it was easy and I knew how to navigate around it after using it for many years.

When I switched to the Mac over a year ago I tried their Pages program but found it hard to use, then I tried Libre Office Writer which I also find hard to use. In both of those programs finding answers is very difficult in spite of looking at their "Help," looking in books I have on each program and going on Youtube. What I don't do enough is to go to their respective forums and ask questions. I don't think it should be this difficult to use those programs.

I know going back to Microsoft will require learning it but I wonder if it might be easier to learn and find answers to my questions.

Today I spent over 30 minutes looking up how to have grid lines show up in Libre Writer, never did find it. I posted it on their forum and will probably get an answer but it shouldn't be that hard!

I use these programs a lot to copy and paste from the web, make up to-to lists for myself, easy stuff. My requests are simple - how to put in grid lines, how to single space instead of the spacing they have, how to change to landscape etc.

Thanks for letting me vent and for your opinions.

Ginny

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz