SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

Painting the ceiling the same color as the walls

Aims
9 years ago

What are you doing? Our painting allowance would let us have one color to paint on the walls and ceiling. We aren't doing a house where every room is being painted a different color as that is just not in our budget.

I personally think that is kind of weird to have them all the same. I would like the ceiling to be some shade of white and the walls a different color because I think it would show the high ceilings. Hubby is kind of feeling the same. Our old house was all painted the same color and it was a builder's spec home. A few years later when I started to paint the walls house, I liked the way the house looked much better. It didn't feel like a spec house anymore.

I know Sherwin Williams makes a ceiling bright white color? I'm open to other colors. For wall colors I am gravitating towards greige colors. For the mouldings, cabinets, and trim we are considering Alabaster, Dover White, and Extra White. I don't really know how to do whites in terms of trim/crown versus white ceilings.

This can be done, but I know there are fees associated every time they change the paint color.

Comments (5)