SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

x-post.. Shopping for furniture and need some help on negotiation

Aims
9 years ago

We are in the process of looking for a king bedroom set for our house. I wasn't all that impressed at Ashley Homestore or Rooms to Go. Haverty's was out of our price range.

I found a set that I really love at store that has about 8 stores in the Texas/Oklahoma area called Bob Mills. The bedroom set, new mattress, and mood base is going to come out to about $8k which includes a $355 delivery charge. Come to think of it, he never said anything about a mattress protector or frame. I don't know if those things are included.

We do have a prescription for the mattress so that will probably take about $300-$350 total off the tax of the mattress and mood base.

I feel like if I am going to spend $7k+ on furniture, that you should deliver it to my house for free. I asked the guy if they ever do "sales" and he said that the owner wants to give his best prices everyday so the price advertised is that they are going to offer. Yet, some bedroom sets are offered with a free chest/tv/nightstand/bedding. The queen version of the set I wanted comes with bedding, but the king version which is what we are wanting, doesn't come with anything. Argh.

They are also a commission free store so all the employees are on salary. So what motivation does this guy have to close the deal when he is going to get paid no matter what? We were twisting his arm to tell him that we couldn't do 24 month financing and needed 36 months to pay it all off. He was willing to do it.

Do you think there is any room for negotiation?

Comments (9)