SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njbuilding143

Questions on design and brands for appliances...

njbuilding143
9 years ago

We are currently in process of building a home and have our meeting set up this week with the kitchen designer.. We "think" we have what we want figured out but had some questions about the design and brands of appliances.. So for the first part of this post... We always figured we would do double ovens in the kitchen.. After going to the appliance store we were told that many people prefer a regular oven for its size and also for the conventional cooking.. He said a popular thing to do now is to get a regular range and add a single wall oven instead of doing double ovens.. Just curious what many prefer or would do in their own homes.. Double ovens vs single wall oven with range..

Now the second part and probably the most confusing.. BRANDS!!! Call it what you will but I am very partial to wanting to stick to the same brand for all the appliances.. I like a uniform look and even in the stores you can see variations in each manufacturers finishes.. We have gone to two stores that sell nothing but appliances.. Each had a different brand that they strongly recommended.. Store "A" recommended Jenn-Air.. Said it was the entry level to the top of the line manufacturers and all around great brand.. Store "B" shrugged his shoulders when I mentioned Jenn-Air and insisted that we would be better off going with Bosch.. Claimed that Bosch makes an all around great product no matter what appliance we were to look at.. I had also mentioned GE Profile series to both stores and they said GE was ok but were not great with their refrigerators and dishwashers...

Just looking for some feedback.. Thanks

Comments (24)