SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ehjoslin

Requesting steam shower feedback

dragonfly08
9 years ago

Hi, I have read thru several posts regarding steam showers on this forum, but most of them are not very recent. Looking for some more input, information, experiences and feedback if possible before we start our project. We are putting an addition onto the house which would include a new master suite. The master bath will have a soaker tub... the majority of our "splurge" will go towards the shower, which is currently sized at 42"x100" (I feel that's much too large and am considering shortening it and placing a linen closet at one end). My husband's #1 request is steam.

If anyone can provide any information or feedback on their experiences with steam, especially in regards to the following points, it would be greatly appreciated!

-Did you have a glass panel/door that swiveled/opened to provide ventilation during use? If not, would you want one based on experience? (this would be extra $$, obviously)

-Brand of steamer you recommend? How long have you had yours?

-Did you have ventilation fan inside shower as well as outside in bathroom? (not sure if we will "need" both)

-Any bad experiences with natural stone tiling inside and outside of shower? How about with peeling paint (along walls in bathroom), etc? We do plan on tiling ceiling inside shower... just haven't decided on tile yet.

-Other maintenance issues? I've read that with adequate ventilation and letting fan run extra time after use, most condensation dries up... true in your experience?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (10)