SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dodge59

Appliance Prices

dodge59
9 years ago

The Euro (Germany), averaged 1.35 from 1957 until 2015.

The Euro decreased to 1.12 US dollars in January from 1.21 in December of 2014.

That is a decrease of 23 cents, or just under 20%! (From the Average $1.35)

So the German/Euro Appliances makers have already gotten a 20% price increase, yet they have and will increase prices, Gaggenay did around a 35% increase a couple of years ago!!!!

You are getting ripped off buying these Gaggenau and Miele appliances, or for that matter, probably any "European Appliances".

This isn't even taking into account the dollar ratio to "X" Country's money where some of these Euro appliances are actually made, (IE, Turkey, Mexico~~~~etc).

So I guess Ya'All can just keeping forking out the dough to these Greedy appliance manufacturers, and your kids will end up paying 50-100 Grand for appliances that today are somewhat less than that.

A little over 8 years ago, I bought my JA 48" built in fridge for $4588.00. It still has features that no newer fridges do, even the most expensive ones.
Roll up/down shelves, etc etc.

At the time SZ wanted about $7500 for the same sized fridge, without all the features mine had.
I posted here in Garden Web, at that time, (around 2008-2009), that if we were not"vigilant", (paraphrasing), we would see a lot more fridges priced "A La SZ" and turns out I was wrong, some are even double that today!!!!

(I know SZ is a USofA company), I only use that as an example of what "can/did&will happen" to appliance prices unless we all smarten up and do something about it!!!!

So Keep buying the "Fancy Stuff", regardless of price, Your kids will "Thank YOU" for it!!! (Well, maybe not "your kids", per se, but the kids from you "Average ,Good Old American Family"

Gary

This post was edited by dodge59 on Mon, Jan 26, 15 at 11:26

Comments (16)