SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
torontonick

Purchased Meyer Lemon Tree and clamondrinn Orange.

torontonick
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Meyer Lemon tree and clamondrinn orange tree from fastgrowingtrees website around November. They almost went missing during shipping. But after 9 days in transit. I finally received them. I live in Canada, and when I received them, it was below freezing outside. When I opened the packages, most of the leaves were halfway yellow.

Both trees came in a fairly fast draining soil. When I water them water drips freely immediately from the bottom. I would say very roughly 50% of the water i pour in comes out right away.

I have both trees in a southern facing sliding patio door. But there isnt much sun here even during the day. Thats why I purchased a 600 watt MH light, that I run about 15 hours a day.

I water both trees when I feel the top layer of soil is dry. Which is approximately 4-5 days.

It is inside the house around the kitchen. Temperature is constant 70 degrees. Humidity is around 50% with central humidifier.

I have started foliage pro 2 weeks ago. at half strength. Which is 1ML per Gallon of water. I am watering about 3/4 gallon of water per tree per watering.

The meyer lemon's leaves have not improved in color. Its mostly yellow greenish. There hasnt been any leave drop either. The tree has stayed in stasis since I received it. Not a single new leave or stem has grown. Except - in the last week, almost 50 bulbs appeared on the tree everywhere. The bulbs have a purple color to them. None of them has turned to flower yet. None of them has dropped either.

On the Calamondrinn. leaves are now mostly green. There is single new cluster of leaves growing. The tree had a few oranges on it when I received it. These oranges went from green to now orange colored. And same as the Meyer lemon, there is now 50+ new bulbs, flowers. yesterday one of the flower petal fell off and revealed a new orange inside. When I received this tree, there was a very mild layer of white powdery stuff on it. I wiped it off w clean water several times and it always came back, but in smaller and smaller quantities.

Could somone knowledgeable please help me and point out, or comment on my whole progress so far? What to look out for, what I am doing right / wrong. Are the trees growing no leaves, holding on to yellow leave but flowering like mad a good thing?

I have gritty mix available on hand. Should I repot them now?

Why am I getting no new growth?

Thanks !

This post was edited by TorontoNick on Sat, Dec 20, 14 at 0:47

Comments (32)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals