SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
notanarborist

Recommended deciduous privacy trees?

notanarborist
9 years ago

Hi all,

I live in an area with a ton of new construction, and the single story home behind my house is being replace by a 2 story home. Making matters worse, I live in a very hilly area (my backyard is on an incline) so this new home will be looking down into my yard from its second story.

I'd love to find a couple deciduous trees (I have an irrational loathing for evergreens) that could go up against my fence line, that could grow relatively quickly to screen out folks from looking into my yard/house from their second story. That said a lot of things I've stumbled upon that sound like they might fit the bill also have some fatal flaws (very short lifespan, very weak, etc).

I've attached a photo (taken at 11:30AM) of my backyard/fence line to this message. The fence line I'm thinking of planting along is about 27 feet long. The distance from the fence line to my house/deck/patio is just shy of 30 feet. The opposite side of the fence is a paved parking strip, then an alley, then the new construction.

If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Comments (18)