SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimmeyk_gw

Freezing temps and maybe rain/snow in Valley

KimmeyK
9 years ago

I've lived here in Valley for a long time but for some reason, the situation with the predicted weather the next couple days has me confused!

Would appreciate any clarification, ideas, suggestions, etc. Thanks in advance!!

From what I can decipher from local newscasts (12/30/14), they are talking rain tomorrow morning early...and they are also talking possible snow here too so that means freezing temps. Weatherunderground shows freezing low temps Wednesday eve for my area which is in the east valley.

I can't move all my outdoor plants in big containers to sheltered areas (too heavy and too many) so have had them covered with old sheets, blankets and that kind of thing the past few days.

If it rains tonight or in morning, any idea on whether to uncover those plants while it rains? If I don't uncover and it also freezes, won't that make it worse for the plants? Now they would be covered with icy wet sheets and throws? But if I uncover and it rains and then freezes, that sounds like The End for my plants too!

I've done freezes and frosts here throughout the years but never with significant rain thrown in to the mix.

(Current plants are: some tomatoes, but most of the plants are ornamentals. Flowers.)

Thank you!

PS: I was KimmeyK LONG before that other person, just want to put that out there - lol.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting