SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kippy_the_hippy

A Yellow HT Climber

Kippy
9 years ago

Do you ever have one of those moments in the garden when you suddenly get what a mystery rose might be?

A couple of years ago I got some cuttings from a neighbor, she had already tossed them in the bin, but the ones I wanted were right on top. I ended up a Bonica, a pair of Louise Odiers and a mystery. I figured it had to be either of the first two but left it with my other cuttings to grow up. It finally bloomed but was a rather bright version of Peace or so it seemed, so maybe it was the cutting from mom's friend (I thought it had died but mom reorganized my cuttings for me and did not realize I had them sorted in rows)

And it sure grew rather straight and upright so it had to be a HT right. It was so straight I had to tie it to a stake......

Today as I pulled it out to put in with the HTs for mom I realized, it was not her friends cutting, but the yellow climber from the lady down the street. I have been admiring how well the climber is blooming and I know she said she loved it. But I did not have a place for that rose at the time so I did not collect a cutting....or so I thought.

Now to figure out what Yellow climber it is and find a spot for it.

Glad I realized now and not after I put it in with the HTs

This post was edited by Kippy-the-Hippy on Fri, Dec 5, 14 at 21:28

Comments (3)