SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Please Help Me Choose

I had definitely decided that I wanted the rose Grande Dame for the hotter side of the house since this rose is supposed to be good in a hot climate and has large, fragrant flowers. Mendocino rose was very enthusiastic about one she had obtained and I couldn't wait to get mine. Naturally no one locally had one, nor my usual handful of on-line nurseries that I buy from. Roses Unlimited does have one, but you have to buy three roses or pay extra for shipping, and then there's a handling fee and the rose isn't cheap either. I noticed on Burling's rose list that she has Snowbird, a rose just recently discussed here, and also mentioned as being a very good rose for a hot climate. This rose would be much less expensive for me and also seems quite beautiful. A third consideration is Basye's Blueberry, but I'm not sure if it would work as well in my climate.

I have my name on a list with Heirloom asking to be contacted when they have Grand Dame again but on the other hand I want to plant a rose as soon as possible while it's cool and moist, and it could be months before it's available again.

Could someone please help me to make up my mind? I know, such a life and death decision, but I've made so many mistakes and there are only two spots left that I need to fill. I had considered something other than roses, which would be more sensible, but I always backslide.......

Ingrid

Comments (22)