SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

"How to Put Two Pics Together Using MS Paint"

loger_gw
9 years ago

Please share a short summary of, "How to Put Two Together Using MS Paint" (since it comes with Windows and version might very). I have the long list of steps that works with XP (at the address below). I feel it could be a shorter list and worded different toward understanding the process. This would allow sharing two or more pictures in the one attachment allowed.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8404814_put-together-using-ms-paint.html

Thanks

Comments (10)

• krnuttle
    9 years ago

I use the Fee Irfanview, not MS Paint. It I wanted to combine two photos and they were the same size, I would use the panorama function of Irfanview. Open the panorama function and find the pictures I want to combine. After selecting the pictures, I would select whether I wanted them connected vertically or horizontally, and then click OK.

If I wanted to insert a portion of one picture into another picture. I would open both pictures. I would select that area that I wanted to copy and hit Control C, noting the pixel size of the selection. I would then go to the other picture place the cursor where I wanted to copy the other picture, and select an an area equal to what I just copied, and then hit Control V to past it in to the picture. The modified picture would be save to a new file name

• loger_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks!
    You read my mind. It came to me that I d/n ask if any free software programs were simple (vs manipulating Paint to do a task itâÂÂs not designed to do). I have PhotoShop that I felt was simple 12 years ago but a challenge now vs editing Pics. Plus, my goal is to use basic existing software or freeware. I plan to explore free Gimp and fee Irfanview as other options. The word âÂÂFreeâ scares me but since 1990 I have used many free software programs w/o a problem.

Have you used Gimp and have an opinion of the software to combine two photos?

• loger_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks!
    You read my mind. It came to me that I d/n ask if any free software programs were simple (vs manipulating Paint to do a task itâÂÂs not designed to do). I have PhotoShop that I felt was simple 12 years ago but a challenge now vs editing Pics. Plus, my goal is to use basic existing software or freeware. I plan to explore free Gimp and fee Irfanview as other options. The word âÂÂFreeâ scares me but since 1990 I have used many free software programs w/o a problem.

Have you used Gimp and have an opinion of the software to combine two photos?

• krnuttle
    9 years ago

I have used the Free irfanview since I switched from OS/2 to Windows. Irfanview is a photo manipulation program with drawing capabilities. MS paint is a drawing program, with photo manipulation capabilities.

The program is update on a yearly basis, and handles several dozen image formats, plus some video and sound formats. It does all of the standard photo editing task like color manipulation, cropping, resizing, etc. It also reads and writes PDF documents, either as single pages or multiple page documents.

The standard plugin module near quadruples the size of the program, but gives you the ability to use Adobe filers, and several other filters.

One of the best plugins is the OCR plugin from Kadmos. This is a separate plugin that preforms OCR of image text documents. This is great when you can only get an image from a web page, but want the text.

I use Irferview for all of my image needs. While I do some work with photos, my principal use is working with document images. I can join them using the panorama function, adjust them for better readability, and add the source reference text to the image and then save it as a PDF or jpg file.

If I could add any thing to Irfanview it would be the ability to add one image over another. It would be nice when you are working with two maps, and want to overlay the 1860 map on the current map of the same area.

While my experience is mostly with documents, all the techniques I use are used with photos. I would highly recommend this free program and plugins.

I have rarely used Gimp, but when I have tried it and always return to Irfvanview.

• loger_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Again!

I retired in 03 and promised to reduce my software exploring and work that I was forced into (1n 1990, CAD/Computer Applications) to keep my job (over mechanical work). Naturally, I went back to my love of mechanics, my past vs software. I love the CAD and Photo/Imaging Software to transmit/share mechanical issues/ideas. IâÂÂll experiment with software when my mechanical projects-chores allows.

Is there a Basic Version of irfanview that includes copying pics together (without extras and higher level applications and promotional software)? I have learned to not press the software due to my interest w/o stress. All the extras that come with some Freeware are what Cost/Kills my time and computer (but feels thatâÂÂs their pay).

Plus, NAV does not like Gimp or irfanview and advised against the download. What sites do you download âÂÂBothâ from? That could be my problem....

If I discover a good mix, IâÂÂll share.

• krnuttle
    9 years ago

Quote "Is there a Basic Version of irfanview that includes copying pics together (without extras and higher level applications and promotional software)?"

If you are thinking of this as a promotional free version and a paid version with additional features, this is not the case with Irfanview. Both the basic program and the plugin modals are free. Note: down load from Irfanview.com or a redirected site. Avoid any site that insist on installing a download manager first with all of its adverising.

With Irfanview there is a basic program of about 1.8 mb. This does the basic photo manipulation task. Editing, cropping, Wallpaper, text, etc.

Several that I find indispensable, PDF and OCR, are not in the basic program.

• loger_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have not had time to experiment more in MS Paint or Gimp or Etc in sharing multiple Pics in one attachment. IâÂÂm also challenged to feel sharing links from Free Photobucket using HTML codes might be better (toward sharing multiple Pics. There is work of knowing the applications in any cases (w/o multiple attachments allowed in sharing).

If I try the Free Photobucket, IâÂÂll plan to save a Word file with my common shared Picsâ HTML codes. Attached is a link shared on a Power Garage Journal Forum.

My goal is to get healthy and get outside projects going or get in my garage and get Auto and Mechanical Projects on schedule or close. There Is Always Something Waiting!

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267955&highlight=1jow

• loger_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The Free Photobucket Imaging is so slow that itâÂÂs a pain. It makes me want to purchase a trial version to let me see how much faster and friendly it can be.

I saw it w/n let you view the pics as I could since I was a member. You should be able to see these samples w/o joining. I feel there is work with attachments applications/formats/sequencing free or not. I Enjoy Pisc! I can show you easier than I can tell you and enjoy Pics with questions.

Full Splitter Upgrade:

{{gwi:2121010}}

SplitterâÂÂs Rear:

{{gwi:2121011}}

SplitterâÂÂs Top:

{{gwi:2121012}}

Unloading:

{{gwi:2121013}}

• zeuspaul
    9 years ago

It's easy to do in Gimp. From the file menu select new image. Set the image size to at least the size of the combined image you want to make. Then from the file menu select open as layers. Navigate to the two images you want to combine select them and open them.

Then select the move tool and move them around to position them where you want them. Then export.

• loger_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

IâÂÂm still experimenting copying multiple Pics as one in the one attachment option. IâÂÂm having fun but too many things are going on to see using Gimp (which is free software) as easy. Easy IMO, is seeing two windows open to drag and drop multiple Pics. IâÂÂm still finding it easy to use MS Paint and cheat by using PhotoShop to crop and size the pic. I like options but this one has taken too much of my time. Plus, the next upgrade might include more attachment options. It appears that most that share Pics have the choice of software that will share Multiple Pics.

Attached are fun projects that have been upgraded since 1972 or had a later start.

1. The trailer (built in 72) for my Handyman work was my truck enlarged and truck springs (pulling with SUVs since 1980).
    2. My smoker started from a 70s Aluminum gas grill which has multiple cooking racks, fire boxes and top doors now.
    3. The 4-Way Add On Splitting Att. saves the back and day on small cooking wood. Purchase the wedges (Norton Tools) vs cutting/grinding. LOL