SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Anyone have any gardening activities going on now?

mxk3 z5b_MI
9 years ago

Yep, it's the inevitable board slow-down this time of year. Not much to do garden-wise up here in the colder zones other than clean up. I'm very proud of myself, this year I'm pretty much done with the clean up outside of having a few straggler perennials which need cutting down, they hung on longer, and spreading bagged leaves, which I can wait until spring to do if I don't feel like it.

I don't really feel like doing much of anything, I had to put one of my dogs down and I've been in a funk for about a week. I did take some cuttings of salvia and pineapple sage before the frost hit, they rooted nicely on the kitchen windowsill, so I'm going to pot those up this weekend and put them under the lights. This will give me something to tend to over the next few months before I the seed starting begins. I'm hoping they grow nicely, I'd like to eventually take cuttings of the plants so I can have a good amount of the salvia for the beds next year.

Come January (which will be here before we know it...), I'll start poring over seed catalogs and place some orders. Strange as it may be, I really enjoy this - I'm a planner at heart - especially on a snowy winter day while soaking in a nice hot bath :0).

What activities do you have on your docket to tide you over the winter months?

Comments (18)