SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llygoden

Help with ID of these 4 plants (2 shrubs, 1 vine, & 1 big fern?)

llygoden
9 years ago

Hi there :)

I am new to gardening and attempting to make something nice out of the garden left by the previous residents of my home. I've been trying to figure out what these plants are with little success.

Plant 1 - a shrub with very smooth leaves. I haven't seen any blooms on it. It is around 3' tall, but the bigger, older stems have grown in a weeping fashion even though the new ones have grown straight up.

(click for larger images)

{{gwi:2118585}}
{{gwi:2118586}}

Plant 2 - a shrub, less than 2' tall. I thought this could be some kind of dogwood, but it doesn't seem right. I haven't seen any blooms.
{{gwi:2118587}}
{{gwi:2118588}}

Plant 3 - this vine is actually coming over the wall from my neighbor's yard. I do like it though, and was wondering what it was. It is the vine behind Plant 2. The leaves are quite big, and they have stayed green and on the vine. I haven't seen any blooms here, either.

{{gwi:2118589}}

Plant 4 - I'm not entirely sure what this is. The main stem is woody and curved, around 2' long. The non-woody stems are quite long, with the longest one just under 4'. The leaves are also very big, around 2' long. I haven't seen any blooms.

{{gwi:2118590}}
{{gwi:2118591}}

I live in Southern California and I've been here, at this house, throughout the last four seasons.

Thanks for your help! :)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting