SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elliottb_gw

What books do you want for Christmas?

elliottb
17 years ago

Are there any books that you are asking for Christmas? Or is there a book that you have already read that you're giving as a gift?

The one book I'm really wanting this year is Avram Davidson's "Adventures in Unhistory". It's a reprint that is coming out this month. The original addition came out in 1993 and is pretty scarce. It usually sells for more than $200. Anyway, I have always wanted this book; however, I have never been willing to spend that much on a book. Avram Davidson was a highly regarded science fiction/fantasy writer that was best known for his short stories. This is a non-fiction book that looks at various myths and legends and how they may have originated. Some of the things it looks at are werewolves, mandrakes, and lost civilizations. I hope I'm not disappointed in this since I have been wanting a copy for a few years now.

If anyone has suggestions on a "foodie" book that may have some humor, but also has some good recipes let me know since I'm looking for a gift along these lines for my wife.

Comments (41)