SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janalyn_gw

Suggestions for Books on the Current Mid-East Situation

janalyn
17 years ago

I hesitated before I started this thread: I do not want a political discussion or personal opinions as this forum is not the place for such.

Like many of you, I have teenagers at home. My daughter has been following the news and the media chatter about a possible World War III. At the dinner table she started asking the Whys and Hows questions, trying to understand the conflict. We told her it's complicated, and she asked for book suggestions that would help her understand. I mentioned that when I was her age I read Exodus by Uris and that may be a good starting point. But I also pointed out that the book was written many years ago and the whole situation is complex and it would be a good idea to read other books as well.

Does anyone have any recommendations? She's very bright and is quite capable of coming to her own conclusions. She often reads books with World History texts and reference books at the side.

I appreciate your help, and again, no political comments as there are other forums for that kind of discussion.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County