SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dfinn_gw

Planning a new pond (need pump and filter help)

dfinn
18 years ago

Hi,

I havent posted on here for ages but here goes,

Hypothetically if I were to build a new pond I am going to build a 1ft wall raised type which has 2 planting shelves and is about 1m (3.33ft) deep. It will be about 1.8m (6ft)long by 1.5m (5ft)wide.

I hope to stock your normal fish such as Goldfish, coments, shubunkins etc and would love koi but dont know if this pond is big enough for them.

Anyway a rough calculation brings the pond volume to be 1620 litres (360 gal). I will be taking along my old 600 lph pump and ecocell 2200 filter but would prefer not to use these in the pond as I have other plans for them.

Anyway I need a bio/ mech filter, UV clarifiers, pump package at a good price. I have seen various systems on the net but I would like your comments on which makes are good. I like the look of the green genie and fishmate systems and need feedback on these.

So anychance of a system like this for under £100. I dont need any extras ontop of this as I have budgetsed for hosing and the like but if you can get it me for less than £100 that would be brill!

Thanks,

Daniel

Comments (17)

Sponsored