SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickitg

An amusing thing happened at Borders

vickitg
16 years ago

I forgot to tell you all about my Border's story. After my book club decided on which titles we would read for this year, my friend and I went to a sale at our local Border's store which was closing. (Everything was 40 percent off.)

Anyway, I heard the clerk talking to this man who had a piece of pink paper in his hand. He told the clerk that his wife was in a book group and he needed to find the titles on the list. After I purchased my cartload of books, I looked around for this man to see if I might sneak a peek at his wife's book club's list. I spotted him and approached to ask if I might see the list. The first title on the list was "The Reluctant Fundamentalist," which our group also planned to read. As I scanned the list further, I discovered that all the titles were the same as our list. I then asked the man the name of his wife, and was surprised to learn it was a member of my group. In fact, somewhat to my embarassement, I had met this man a couple of times in the past. (He didn't remember me either.)

Anyway, we had a good laugh about that.

Comments (7)