SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
louholla

Clematis problems

louholla
18 years ago

Hi, something really strange seems to be happening to both my Clematis's. The first one Armandii (Apple Blossom)I bought last summer and planted it in the ground in a spot where it gets some sun in the morning and none in the afternoon. The problem is, it flowered for the first time beautifully but then some of the leaves turned a mottled browny yellow colour, it has some new red growth but not as much as it grew last year. Does anyone know whats wrong with it?

The other one i have had no end of problems with it is a clematis (Bees Juilee) again i planted it last summer but in full sun and on the new lawn and it started wilting but produced one large lovely pink flower in august/sept. So at the beginning of the spring I put it in a pot away from the lawn as i thought it might of been getting too much water from the sprinkler we had on the new lawn last year, and it loved it and was growing very well. It had survived lots and lots of green flys which I keep blasting but has now decided not just to wilt on me again but to produce 3 flowers that are tiny and WHITE and look very poorly!!!! lol and its only May??? Strange Ha! I really feel like given up and chucking it out and buying a new one. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Tina

Comments (8)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor