SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sean_mckinney_gw

When I was cleaning out the bog/lily-pond I got bitten

Sean_McKinney
18 years ago

by something. I was bare legged in the pond and the bite marks were neat circles slightly less than 1/8" in diameter. One bite was mid thigh , another was mid calf and the third was ankle height. The mid calf bite is level with my wellies tops.

At the time I just hoses my legs down so I didnt get azolla etc inside my trousers.

I suspect the culprits are either leeches or cleggs but the latter are generally felt, I didnt feel a thing.

The following day the I quite suddenly developed a sore spot at my welly top and thought I had got a trapped fold in my trousers, I shifted my trousers and the sore spot remained so I had a look and it was the bite, it wasnt septic but looked rather angry. Germoline and a plaster were applied, that evening it was still angry looking so I gave it a vigorous washing. It looked better in the morning otherwise I was going to casualty. Its still red but not nasty looking, the ankle bite is a wee bit red and the mid thigh bite isnt red but itches at times.

The moral is, if you get similar bites be a big girl and wash them well immediately and antiseptic cream them.

Comments (4)

Sponsored