SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hotcookie101

pond nightmares...

hotcookie101
16 years ago

Hi all, I hope you can help me-everything seems to be breaking at once!

I moved a year ago to house with pond and fish, although always green and murky not too much to worry about.

About 2 months ago, OH went in to pick plant that had fallen in in storms out, and also removed a couple of rocks that had fallen in.

the water level dropped loads, we refilled but dropped again, so had a leak. Ended up draining pond, housing fish temp in paddling pool and redigging to make slightly bigger and putting new liner in.

In meantime, the hozelock 5500 pump failed, we bought a hozelock easyclear 6000 thinking wouldnt need another filter, but decided to pump to the bioforce 9000 as didnt think easyclear would be up to job.

All going well..... Until last week when cleaned filters to bioforce and now its leaking :-(

The large metal ring with spring clip seems much easier to close than before so presume this is whats wrong-do you think it is, and if so can you get replacements?

was planning on using easyclear to run either small waterfall or fountain, and gettting a small solids pump to go to bioforce and waterfall, but dont know if can afford another filter too!

The original pump and filter were at least 3-4 years old but it all just seemed to go wrong at same time!

am sorry its so long, but would love opinions on whether wilbe able to fix bioforce(any any reccomendations for cheap solids pump)

Anyone who got this far thank you!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored