SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aitch_gw

Help - lily problem!

Aitch
18 years ago

Dear All,

I suddenly notice that my lilies apear to have what can only be described as rust appearing on their leaves -I was so excited as I have three lilly buds half way out of the water then noticed the orange spots on them - and then the leaves(around the edge initially and then spreading all over the leaf). I've never had this before and none of my books (admittedly fairly limited)mention this at all.

In addition to this,I also still have very green water that isn't getting any better which I suspect is at least partly due to adding a lot of new plants this year to the pond - mainly marginals and a couple of deep water aquatics - so it could be the additional pots of plants adding to the nutrients in the pond. These new plants may also have imported the rust of course.......

Anyway - does anyone have any advice on

A) what is it?

B) Is it likely to spread to other plants

C) Is there anything I can do? (unlikely I know)

D) Any other comments?!!

I've also never had a probem with green water like this before, even when I cleaned out and refilled my pond a couple of years ago, it didn't stay green this long. I'm beginning to wonder if I should have a fish about for blanket weed, but it just looks very soupy generally. I do hope it's not blanket weed........ need some more barley straw maybe?

Many thanks,

Helen

Comments (3)

Sponsored