SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johntw16

Koromo Koi

johntw16
19 years ago

I am interested in purchasing a couple of young Koromo Koi for my pond.

Is anyone aware of any UK suppliers, preferably not to far from London?

Somer indication of cost would also be appreciated

Many thanks

John TW16

Comments (4)

• AJC_1
    19 years ago

Koromo are quite common now, most good koi dealers will have some, but it depends how far you want to travel, the better quality are from a well known supplier,grab a copy of koi carp magazine it lists a lot of suppliers across the UK, not aware of any in Londn area though, check ebay for koi, I belive theres a couple koi dealers from that way on there, not sure if they have open sites or just internet sales, worth an email to ask tho.

as for cost from £6 to £6oo+ pepending on the size you want to start with ie £6 will get you a low grade 3" (75mm koi)

why koromo anyway? they are often called dirty kohacu because the dark mixed with the red.

• johntw16
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks for the response. I will look on ebay

Why Koromo?
    Because I like the blue on red (robed effect)colour on a white background.
    I am however describing this from a book that probably had very good specimens!

I presume you get what you pay for. I would be looking for a youngster, about 5-6 inches in length

regards
    John

• chris11
    19 years ago

John,
    check out koichat.com 'fish for sale' section. If not the bkks web site has dealer links.
    Chris.

• AJC_1
    19 years ago

That the problem with seeing koi in a book lol, they are most likely all japan show winners or at least the main japanese show winners, and the japs dont let that quality out of japan, so we get thier throw backs and koi they class as seconds, but now and then a real good one comes along, so you might get lucky, but the UK has been buying the japanese koi a long time(30 years) so we do tend to get the best of the bunch they will let out, the other european countrys are a few years behind us in koi culture, so they dont get as good as we do, the US is still behind us on koi too, the best quality can only be had by going to japan yourself, with a very large bank roll in ya pocket 5 and 6 figure sums for small fish upto 60cm.

actually just looked on ebay, they have koromos there, but if they are net sale only you take your chances buying one.

Sponsored