SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
murrythecat

Tomato seedlings help?

murrythecat
19 years ago

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have heaps of gardening questions but here is my first question.

I'm moving into a new house in about 6 weeks and will have a good size back garden (not huge but large enough for a veggie patch and some flowers). I'm going to need lots of advice when it comes to planting as I'm really new to gardening and tend to kill things of as I usually forget to water them. However, since I've become a stay-at-home-mum I've managed to keep several plants alive so perhaps there is hope for me yet!

I bought some small seedlings of tomato plants the other day and thought I could keep them inside (it still seems a bit cold for them outside...I live in rural Ireland btw). I gave them a good soak in the back tub over night with some other board flowering plants which are also seedlings. I notice one of the tomato plants stem broke a bit but wondered if it would still be okay? perhaps it graft itself back on?? wishful thinking perhaps? I gave them all a little bit of slow release fertiliser the other day and the tomato's got some special tomato fertiliser (slow release)...should I have waited till they were in the ground? Also, as I said I won't be moving into my new house for another 6 weeks when I thought I'd put them into a new veggie patch I hope to establish (that's going to have to be another thread!). Will they be okay on my window sill till then (it gets morning sun and is nice and warm)? will they last? what else should I do to keep them alive?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County