SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cosmicgardener

Pipalli

cosmicgardener
18 years ago

I'm after seeds of Pipalli (piper longum) also called Indian Long Pepper or Bi Bo in Chinese. I have to get the geniune articles as it's for medicinal use. Cayenne pepper is often used as a substitute. The geniune article is really hard ot find.

Linda

Comments (7)

• cosmicgardener
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok - I'll talk to myself so as to get this post off top billing!

L

• adamus
    18 years ago

Sorry Linda, don't have any , or Ray either.

• Raymondo
    18 years ago

Try posting over on the Herb forum. Some of those guys have some really obscure herbs.

• cosmicgardener
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks fellas - I put a request in the herb forum, then did a bit of surfing and found a site with a huge seed list, including Piper Longum. Have contacted to be sure its the genuine article.

Here is a link that might be useful: This is the site

• Raymondo
    18 years ago

Interesting site Linda and quite an array of seeds on offer. Don't care much for his attitude towards the use of toxic chemicals but hey, whatever floats your boat.

• solanum1
    18 years ago

The good news is that he has the right stuff. The bad news is that, according to a mailing list I am on, he is no longer selling plants or seeds (his webpage hasn't been updated since 2002)...
    I don't know of any other sources...
    Rose-Marie

• cosmicgardener
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Rose Marie - I noticed it hadn't been updated but emailed him anyway. He has replied but thinks the Longum seeds he has may not be the real thing. He says he has other Piper spp so I'm not sure if that means he is still selling or not.

I'll keep on trying.

Linda

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County