SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildflower7_gw

Native foxgloves and brown boronia - megastigma

16 years ago

Has anyone seen a plant called the native foxglove. Recently, I was visiting my local native nursery and for the first time ever, saw a plant called the native foxglove. Because of its rarity, it was quite expensive, but I bought it anyway. It is very pretty and has beautiful rich pink flowers and it grows to 50 cms. If you know where they can be found, can you please let me know so I can get some more.

For the first time ever, I am seeming to have some success growing brown boronia. A long time ago, you used to be able to go into the city in the spring and there would be people selling the flowers. For a few weeks your home could be filled with their remarkable scent. Now, it is unavailable and because it is a bog plant, it is very difficult to grow in Perth. Every previous attempt to grow it has failed. I have planted 2 plants under my peppermint tree in my back garden where it gets filtered light and morning sun. I have planted it amongst my azalea bushes and they have similar water requirements. The boronias are putting forth new shoots, so this must mean they are growing. If anyone has had success with these plants can you please let me know?

Comments (4)