SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auzziebloke

egg shell as snail deterrent is a myth

auzziebloke
13 years ago

I am amazed that Jane Edmonson,who I have great admiration for,for her huge wealth of diverse gardening knowledge and presentations on the ABC's Gardening Australia,is promoting and perpetuating the use of egg shells as a snail repellent.

This is complete silliness.Snails will readily slide all over the edges of razor blades to get at food.

It is bleedingly obvious that Jane is passing on this egg shell snail myth without ever trying it herself.

If Jane had of gone to the laborious task of collecting and crushing shells and scattering them she would of then seen the snails and slugs happily traversing all over the crushed up shells.

Another useless myth Jane likes to promote is the idea that just laying copper around ya vegies will stop snails.

Once again,she must never have tried this,because it is utter baloney.

My best method for an average size home vegie plot is go out at night and see em/kill em,however you want to.Plus a night visit to ya plot is fun.

Being a skeptic and a lateral thinker is much better than blindly believing in these useless myths.

Using egg shells as a snail deterrent is as pointless and ineffectual as is the dopey notion that praying for a goddy intervention for your problems will work.

Comment

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH