SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
native_junglist

Tristaniopis Laurina in soggy soil

Native_Junglist
10 years ago

Hi, I recently planted a 7 foot high Tristaniopis Laurina tree in an area which catches storm water run off. Its been about 1 month and is looking healthy (although mealybug has been attacking it!). I really want this tree todo well but im concerned the soil is far too soggy.Would it survive in these conditions? I was thinking of creating a drain or putting water tank under the storm water runoff if it means the plant would survive? Your advice will be appreciated!

Comment (1)

• alisonoz_gw
    10 years ago

Your location isn't shown. The tree is suited to wet positions- though possibly not flooding if the storm water run-off just sits there rather than moving over the area.
    There are a few planted in my local bot garden, in a fairly low area near water and it probably gets a fair bit of run-off from higher ground there and they are doing OK (except for insect damage, sooty mould).
    If you were really fearful yes I'd do a diversion but you might like to try to contact Gold Coast garden "friends" for input I'll try to find link - they seem to be very helpful folk
    http://www.friendsgcrbg.org.au/

Here is a link that might be useful: info on tristaniopsis

Sponsored
More Discussions