SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kidinheat

Cannot Identify these white bugs with silky sacs.

kidinheat
18 years ago

Hello there, I'm new to Australia, and live in an Brisbane suburb. I cannot seem to find a match on the internet for the tiny insects on my newly-planted mandarin tree. I thought the insects were dead, but now they have also shown up on a nearby ivy flower plant. The small white bugs have a couple notable legs, although I haven't seen a single one move, even when I try to prod it a bit. They also have white, silky sacs that are attached to the leaves, and also between the stem and main stalk of the plants. The silky sacs are very sticky to the touch. I bought the tree from Kmart and it had all these insects already on it, so I figured that they weren't harmful (and I thought they were dead). Now that they are on an adjacent plant I know somethings up. However, I haven't seen any damage yet done by the critters. They are not in clusters, but are more scattered about a bit, so I didn't think they were the white scale that I've read so much about (but haven't been able to find pictures of). Anyone have any ideas? I can send pictures if my description doesn't help much. Thanks!

Comments (4)