SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carmelfromoz

Nirgate's

carmelfromoz
18 years ago

Does anyone know if Norgate's are still operating. The website doesn't seem to come up. The phone is only a message. I'd like some Helebores. Thanks

Carmelfromoz

Comments (5)

• Anna_B
    18 years ago

Carmel, I tried the following and it is functioning. Hope this is helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Norgates.

• lomatia
    18 years ago

Carmel, Norgate's is still operating but unfortunately you cannot call in now and have plants dug as you could in the past. You can look but not buy.

• Sparaxis
    18 years ago

I had a lovely package of plants from Norgates. I didn't want to pay over the net, so I selected my plants from their web site, and sent them a list, and they sent me back the list saying which were available, then I sent them a cheque. The reason I didn't want to bother with paying on line was that the web site kept losing what was in my shopping trolley and I had to start over several times, so i gave up on that.
    They give good quantities of plants. I ordered geums, and they were tiny little pieces but one bundle had about 20 pieces, with good roots, and in excellent condition, for only $6 or so.
    They still package them the traditional Norgates way using damp moss and straw. No paper or plastic, so it can all be used as mulch in the garde, or added to the compost heap.
    Cheers, Jan

• carmelfromoz
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks to all. The site worked fine thanks. I am in the lucky position of being able to call in still like Mum used to do, and yes he's gone very potty. For my new garden I'm seeking Helebores and Hostas for shady south side. Some friends have given me seedlings but I am impatient for flowers.
    I wonder will Jack see that terrible typo, well, it may even cause someone to remember his nursery - free ads.

• cranethie2
    18 years ago

Wasn't the company sold a couple of years ago?

I was told the new owners have poshed up the block with display gardens.

Cathy

Sponsored