SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happyjacq_bris

lavender hedge for Brisbane easterly aspect

happyjacq_bris
19 years ago

I wish to formalise my front garden street appeal. I am hoping to grow a short lavender hedge right across the front which will join in the middle with my front path and rose arch. Climbing roses are growing at an alarmingly fast rate so the eastern morning sun must suit them just fine. What is the best lavender to attempt to grow into a hedge in Brisbane and due to impatience on my behalf where would I find the biggest bushes at a nursery. Cost is not a problem will spend anything but all I can find is small plants.

Comments (6)

• User
    19 years ago

Hi HJ, I dont know which is the best Lavender to grow for a hedge in Brissie
    But I do know that the only one I can grow here that likes these Humid conditions
    Is French Lavender and by the looks of mine I reckon you could grow a Hedge.

MM.

• vee71
    19 years ago

Hello

I planted some french lavender about 6 months ago and it has grown really well, after flowering in spring,I trimmed it back and it has been flowering again for the last month or so. the garden faces east also.

• happyjacq_bris
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thankyou girls french lavender it is!

• Woodlands
    19 years ago

French lavender is the best for Brisbane's humid conditions. It grows quickly and can grow to 1m in height although pruning will keep it shorter. I've found that it does have a limited lifespan. Mine has always gone too woody after about 5 years and must then be removed. I'm still searching/experimenting for a shorter lavender.

Hazel.

• anitoes
    15 years ago

Can anyone tell me which lavender would be best for a hedge in Lincoln, NE? I believe I am in Zone 6.

Thanks!

• User
    15 years ago

You may have better luck asking on the US Forum

Sponsored