SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jumpedangel

Help ID desert plants

jumpedangel
16 years ago

Please help me to identify the following plants, all 3 images shown were taken among the sand dunes near Broken Hill a week ago.

1. Is a Poverty bush or Eremophila spp. and might be mistaken for E.longifolia if it had pink or brick-red flowers on account of the hooks on the tips of the long thin leaves, this bush was 3-4m tall, flowers approx 30mm long, possibly E.scoparia, seeking confirmation.

{{gwi:2115146}}

2. This Bindweed or Convolvulaceae has similarly shaped triangular arrowhead leaves to Calystegia marginata although the leaves are much thinner or elongated, the flower is approx 25mm in diameter and unlike its named cousin was not found in a shady gully but atop a sand dune climbing up a small Dodonaea (Native Hops) bush.

{{gwi:2115147}}

3. This 3m tall bush was GPS tagged last March and incorrectly identified as a Duboisia hopwoodii at the time as it was not in flower, last week when I was out there again I relocated the plant and realized my error although when not in flower it is an easy mistake to make as the trunk has the same grey colour the lower trunk has the same corky texture and the foliage is very similar in shape and colour.

{{gwi:2115148}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert