SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paradisi

a bit of the gnomery

paradisi
18 years ago

here's a photo of the gnomery looking back to the bananananas

{{gwi:2114570}}

can anyone else see the "face" in the banana tree - I never noticed it until I uploaded the photo

Comments (8)

• Kiwi_oz
    18 years ago

I can see a face under the leaf near the trunk
    that reddish looking leaf in the foreground looks interesting
    Heather

• triciac
    18 years ago

Yes, I can see a little white face there too, but then I can see faces in the vinyl and clouds. Some think I am potty!!!
    What is the green stuff covering the lattice, is it just that, a cover to keep out the sun?

• paradisi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Kiwi Oz- the reddish looking leaf is a black elephnats ear (or that's what it was called at the markets) It lives in the fish pond and has large almost black leaves. the reddishness came about from the fill-flash I used to highlight the veins on the leaves.

TriciaC - the green stuff on the lattice is doubled up shade cloth to keep the nosey neighbour out of our quiet nook - we sit there most evenings talking to the love bird and finches (and the ferns). The old chook next door was getting too nosey - whenever we tried to have a bit of a quiet time she would spot us and duck out her back door to be "neighbourly".

It's nice to talk to your neighbours, but on a mutually agreeable time - not everytime Sandie and I wanted to enjoy our garden.

• ashmeri
    18 years ago

Lovely area, I saw the green face and got to looking and found two more,
    Look at the tall tree trunk next to the fence and fence high there are two more.
    Marion

• happyjacq_bris
    18 years ago

yes I can see the white face in the bananna leaf. very green and lush. What does gnomery mean? I can't find the gnomes?

• paradisi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

hi happyjaq - I was sitting in the gnomery - a liitle nook under some cyprus?? pines - its got a fish tank, fairies in the trees, pottery galahs and rosellas and of course a dozen or so gnomes.

Being shy creatures they hide when the camera comes out ;-)

really though I thought I would get a couple of them in the picture but the camera isn't good enough to get a wider view

• happyjacq_bris
    18 years ago

Oh, I see. We need to start a thread with everyone's favourite gnome. My favourite actually lives at my mother's house. My daughter painted it for grandma when she was 5. Grandma is not giving it up though. I have relocated it several times to my front garden, but grandma relocates it back again. they breed em tough these grannies!

• dnnaa
    18 years ago

Beware ! That face has yowie like features. I kid you not maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County