SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ange_b

Repotting hanging baskets

ange_b
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

It's been a very long time since I posted, so long in fact I had to create a new account because I couldn't remember my login LOL.

We moved house earlier this year and with the new house came a lovely little shaded greenhouse type area which the previous owners generously left fully 'furnished' with hanging baskets of ferns and succulents.

I'm not a very experienced gardener and although I can tell you the plants left are common varieties, I have no idea what they're called! However to me, they look as though they could use repotting. The baskets are very old and one of the ferns although huge, it's leaves are quite sparce and beginning to die off, I'm sure the roots are being strangled in the small pot. I have photos but am unsure how to upload them.

What I need is some advice on repotting and perhaps trimming down these overgrown hanging baskets. They are beautiful and probably as old as the house (25 years) I'd hate to lose them being so established, but they really look like they need some love.

Any advice?

Ange

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions