SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smitty13_gw

Transplanting Roses

SmiTTy13
11 years ago

Hi All

I recently purchased a few roses and we've planted them into the ground. Its been about 3-4 weeks and due to our poor planning, only realised they dont actually get as much sun as we thought they did! (4-5 hours tops) . Most of the roses were bare root roses, but a couple were potted.

Im now looking to move the roses into a much sunnier position. Of the roses, about 2-3 of them have shown some good growth with new leaves and thorns since we planted them, but the others have shown almost no growth (very very very slight signs of new growth).

I just wanted to ask you experts what I should look for, or the steps I need to do to transplant the roses to a new area. Is there anythign i need to look out for, or can I just simply remove them from the existing soil, and plant them into a new hole just like I did before, water well. Or is there something special i need to do in addition ?

Can I fertilize soon after I place them into their new home, or would I need to wait until they establish themselves (again) ?

Thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery