SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funnelweb

Thunbergis vogilliana

funnelweb
10 years ago

Just coming into flower, rarely seen in the suburban gdn. (just quietly, I pinched a cutting that produced this one from the Royal Bot Gdns in Sydney more years ago than I care to remember). I'm guessing here but I suspect this was one of the parents, along with T. erecta, that produced T. vogilliana, 'True Blue' - a fairly popular nursery seller. I think I posted a picture of that awhile back.

Comments (7)

• tedhort
    10 years ago

Pinched or no Funnelweb, it's gone to a good home by the look of it :) -- wonderful colour.

• inga007
    10 years ago

I love blue flowers and yours is a lovely shade of blue.
    Don't see too many here, but they would have to be houseplants.

I must confess, I have also pinched a cutting in a nursery garden, this summer.
    It bloomed soon after and has developed a strong root system while still standing in water.

• funnelweb
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Inga and tedh. It did go to a 'good home', but (heh, he, he) it also went to another. I wonder if it survived there? Mind you, seems more suitable to this semi-tropical clime.

• tedhort
    10 years ago

Yeah, that is certainly a well travelled plant Funnelweb -- I have it on good authority that it is alive and well at its other "home" as well (although not flowering so well) :))

• funnelweb
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just by way of comparison I thought I'd upload a pic of T. Tru' blue

• inga007
    10 years ago

Very lovely too.

• tuppitoo
    10 years ago

Something different is always welcome Bill,
    The difference in the blue shades is interesting.
    chas

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County