SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevarose

Rose to cover a pool cabana and look stunning

kevarose
19 years ago

Over winter I am having the roof of a small cabana (4 x 4m) at the side of my pool completed. It will have a small colorbond roof and wooding cladding on the walls to match the house. So it will look very plain deliberately. But my house and my B&B look onto the pool and cabana so it is in a key position and the rose must be sensational.

I want to plant a rose to climb on the roof. Floriferous. Fitting in with the yellow and white rose color scheme. Crepuscle? yes perhaps but this place is rapidly become crepuscle palace and she can be a bit ?? leggy- Mme Alfred Carriere?? I am not sure how she grows and how dense she is. ?Devonesis climbing - how dense is she? Perfume would be divine. Or perhaps a mix of Devonesis and Alfred.

Or maybe something else? Yellow would be fine as long as it tones with the gold colour of the 6 Graham Thomas already nearby. So not Gold Bunny.

This cabana has walls of normal height but if you walk around the side, it is lower than the lawns because of the slope of the land and the excavation that has been done. So I do not want something leggy. My vision is something clinging to the roof and dense - like the amazing photo of David Rushton's garden with Bloomfield Abundance totally taken over the roof but on a much much much smaller scale. And not red of course.

Any ideas you wonderful people?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio