SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bornstein75

help me solve my rose problem...please help!!!

bornstein75
15 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I am located in Sydney, Australia and I have started growing Roses for the first time in my garden.

They were blooming beautifully, but now the rose buds are being attacked by some pest overnight, totally destroying the buds before the rose gets to bloom. In some cases it looks like the bud has been decapitated just leaving the stem. Othertimes it looks like a big bite has been taken out of the rose bud or ike someone has scraped out the rose bud just leaving the outer leaves of the bud.

I am very upset about it because it happens every time the buds form and I never get to see my roses bloom. It seems to happen on the pink and yellow roses but not so much on the red roses I have in my garden.

I have searched the internet for pictures of something similar to this problem, but I just can't find anything like it.

Also to let you know I spray my roses every 2 weeks with a rose gun spray that is meant to kill insects as well as control Blackspot/Mildew etc....

If I can email you photos, please let me know your email address which might help you solve my problem.

I hope you can give me some insight into what might be causing this problem and how I can solve it.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Brian

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Arete Construction Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Experienced Craftsman & Top Quality Masonry in Frederick County