SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funnelweb

Clerodendron thomsonea

funnelweb
11 years ago

This one's common name is 'Bleeding Heart vine'. I've a couple of other clerodendrons, one I planted not long ago and am eagerly awaiting its flower. The first one, by the way, the witches tongue, is C. incisum.
Well, I must go, I have to cook dinner tonight, a bar-b-que, so time I got the fire goi - mine's a wood-fired barbie.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all, well, to Annie, Inga and Chas. Whatever happened to all those who use to visit here?

Comments (3)

• inga007
    11 years ago

Used to grow one of these myself, but soon lost it.

Have a successful " barbie."

• funnelweb
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Inga; grilled a couple of 'T'-bone steaks (don't know if they call them that in Canada), and 'spuds' (potatoes) wrapped in silver foil. Mine was delicious and my wife said her's was too. She cooked the greens (peas) on the stove inside.
    I think the Bleeding Heart vine might like temperatures a bit warmer than where you are. Are you near the Great Lakes? Must be beautiful country.
    B.

• inga007
    11 years ago

Your barbie sounds delicous. Yes, we call them T-bones too.
    My son does a "mean" steak barbie.

Yes, I do live near lake Ontario.

Lake Superior is the biggest and deepest and to my mind,
    the most beautiful.

I live in a small apartment building, no balcony, but south, west and north windows.

Bougainvilleas are putting on a wonderful colour , show they do their best in winter, but I also have several Amaryllis/ hippeastrums in bloom.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting