SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poppyb_gw

collecting named cactus and succulents

poppyb
15 years ago

Hi everyone I have only just joined this forum and I am not very computer wise (or whatever the term is),I am a Horticulturist and have a 5 acre block with mostly native native plants with exotics mixed in.

I have had an idea in mind for some time now to start a section (2 and a half acres - approx)dedicated to named cactus and succulent specimens that I can put labels next to and record on maps so future generations can see a mini botanic garden type area, and not have to drive over 4 hours to see it (as I have to do when I want to see these plants).The main problem with this as always is "simple economics" the shere cost of everything nowadays is a real dream killer for a lot of projects.

If anyone has spare cactus and succulent plants they can spare I would be willing to pay postage and some cost for the plant material I am not interested in selling plants etc only collecting as many species as possible I am just starting to organise the new area ready for planting and I have concrete moulds made up for the names so the plants remain true to the specimens ANY HELP INFORMATION OR ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS

Comment (1)

Sponsored