SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
solarforge

Euphorbia flannaganii

solarforge
21 years ago

Hi to all,

I am in need of your help again. I brought a small Euphorbia flannaganii at our local Kmart. On the tag it says it can be grown indoors or outside, I am hopeing that someone might be able to tell me the light and water requirements for this Euphorbia. Waiting for your help.

Michelle

Comments (4)

• Dave61
    21 years ago

Hi
    I would be very careful about growing Euphorbias inside as they require a fair amount of light and heat. Also be careful not to overwater but small Euphorbias can also stress from too little water. Probably twice a week in a well drained potting mix would be sufficient. Less water in winter I have never had much luck with these type of Euphorbias.
    RegardsDave61

• Meg_Melb
    19 years ago

Hi Michelle,
    I too have recently taken home a lovely "Medusa's Head". How could I refuse when marketed that way? I have her in average succulent mix in a position which gets heaps of sun and is protected from rain and frost. I am in Melbourne after all. Keep us posted about how she grows. I haven't tried growing this one before so will be keen to know how you get on. Cheers

• plantsplus
    19 years ago

Hi Michelle, I have had one of these in its original small plastic pot for the last nine years. It is inside a terracotta pot on a east facing bank which is planted with aloes and geraniums, gets filtered/full sun from about 11am to 2 or three in the afternoon and then its shaded from the west - I am ashamed to say that I have only watered about it about five times a year during that time - but it is growing slowly and well - Robyn

• ajaykamath
    18 years ago

I have 2 beautiful specimens of this Euphorbia. I grew them from cuttings, in the ground for the past 2 winters - no problems there!
    In spring, I apply a slow release fertilizer (any brand) and that keeps 'em going for the rest of the year.

Sponsored