thibeaultstable

Cookalong #15 ------------ POTATOES

ann_t
11 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Cookalong #15 ------------ POTATOES

Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 8:01

AnnT has picked POTATOES for our Cookalong this time.

I'm sure each and everyone of you have a few favorite recipes to share. The potato is so versatile and basic!
Post your recipe with a picture if possible but don't let that hold you back, we really are more interested in the recipe and this should give everyone a chance to participate!!!! I know I love potatoes and am always looking for a different way to prepare them.

Don't forget about all the different ways we can use potatoes. They are used in baking and cooking. There's so many things...candy, breads, salads, desserts, entree, soups, appetisers...... breakfast, lunch and dinner....

Let's make this one of the best Cooklongs ever, one that we can refer to over and over!

Below is the link connecting to the other Cookalongs.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong #14 ------------- SQUASH
Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cookalong #15 ------------ POTATOES
clip this post email this post what is this?
see most clipped and recent clippings

* Posted by canarybird (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 10:13

Potatoes are a good choice as we can prepare them so many different ways. Here's one of our favourites:

SCALLOPED POTATOES
====================

4 potatoes (more or less according to the size of your dish)- peeled and sliced into 1/2 cm rounds...easy with a mandoline
1 onion - sliced finely into 1/2 rings...also done with mandoline
white sauce - make about 2 cups of a medium, not-too-thick white sauce - or enough to barely cover prepared casserole
butter
salt & pepper
grated parmesan or cheddar cheese

1) Preheat oven to 155 C (300 F). Slice potatoes and arrange 1/3 of them in bottom of a buttered casserole dish.

2) Slice onions and arrange 1/3 of them on top of potatoes, dot with a little butter and a little pepper.

3) Continue steps 1 and 2 until casserole is 3/4 full, Finishing with a layer of onions on top.

4) Make white sauce - not too thick and pour over casserole until barely reaching top of potato-onion mixture. Add pepper and a bit of salt. Sprinkle with grated cheese.

5) Put in oven about 1 hour or until potatoes are soft when tested with knife and top is golden.

SharonCb

o

* Posted by jessicavanderhoff (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 11:02

Oven fries!

Cut potatoes into thick fries (Long potatoes are best; I usually quarter small potatoes lengthwise). Toss them with olive oil. Grate some fresh parm (or similar) over them, and add some italian breadcrumbs. Toss to coat. I do it in a bowl with my hands, but I think you could also use a ziploc bag. Cover a baking sheet in foil, and put the fries on in a single layer. You get a better brown/crunch if you put the cut sides down rather than the skin side. Bake 15 minutes at 425, flip fries so the other cut side is down, and bake another 10 minutes. I tried it without the oil once, and it was not nearly as good. It's good with all kinds of potatoes and sweet potatoes, but purple potatoes are my favorite.

I never thought I could love a non-fried fry, but these are really good!!

o

* Posted by craftyrn (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 12:58

My favorite vegetable I think-- and 2 of our favorite ways to fix them are scalloped ( just as Sharon posted but omitting the cheese) & homefries made from cold boiled spuds !

This salad from Sharon has become a mainstay with all our family & friends for cookouts, bbq & picnics:

Diane's Home Cookin Chapter: Salads, main

Russian Salad - Ensaladilla Rusa
================================
Four or more servings:

1-1/2 lbs (640 grams) potatoes
3/4 cup (100 grams) cooked peas - (I used frozen steamed)
1 tin tuna steak drained - 1/2 pound tin (225 grams)
1 small jar green pitted olives - I bought them stuffed with pimento
1 small roasted red pepper, cored, peeled and cut into strips (I used them from
a jar)
2 boiled eggs
2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used 3 heaping)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise thinned with a little milk
Salt
My option: a dusting of paprika over all
. 1) Boil the potatoes in their skins until tender. Drain and cool. When
cool peel and dice into a large bowl.

2) Add the cooked peas, the olives cut in halves (save a few whole ones
for the garnish), the tuna flaked and one of the chopped eggs. Add salt
to taste and then combine with the 2 (or 3) TBS mayonnaise

3) Spread the mixture on a platter forming a mound. Cover it completely
with the thinned mayonnaise. A large serving spoon helps to coax it
into shape.

4) Decorate with the strips of pepper, olives and the rest of the eggs.

5) It will keep in the fridge for a few days, improving with taste.

6) Serve with crusty bread.

posted by canarybird ( Sharon Cb)

o

Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 13:05

Hi Diane...you're right on....it's a great salad and I was just going to post it LOL!

But here are a couple of photos of what it looks like.
The first one....decorated as seen in many tapas bars or hotel buffets, and the second one, as served in one of our favourite Canary restaurants. Yum!

Ensaladilla Rusa - Russian Potato Salad (as served in Spain)
============================================

SharonCb

o
RE: Cookalong #15 ------------ POTATOES///////

Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 13:13

And yet another great oven fry recipe which I posted recently on another thread:

EASY PARMESAN POTATO WEDGES
This recipe can also be served with sour cream.

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teasp paprika
1 teasp garlic powder
1/2 teasp salt
1/4 - 1/2 teasp pepper
4 potatoes unpeeled
1/3 cup vegetable oil

1) Preheat oven to 400F (204C)
2) In plastic bag combine first 5 ingredients.
3) Cut each unpeeled potato into 8 wedges. Dip wedges in oil and then shake in cheese mixture.
4) Place wedges on a baking sheet skin side down and bake at 400F (204C) for 30 - 40 minutes.)

Source: I've Got To Have THAT Recipe, Too!
Dianne Winsby, Pat Pollard & Barbara Doell
Victoria, B.C. Canada 2000

o

* Posted by trixietx (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 15:48

My family loves this.

Baked Potatoe Salad

8 baked potatoes
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
8 green onions (including part of the green top)
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. sour cream
1 to 1 1/4 c. maynnaise or miracle whip
salt & pepper

Cube potatoes. Crumble bacon and slice onions. Combine sour cream, salt, pepper and mayo or miracle whip, whichever you prefer. Combine bacon and sour cream mixture to potatoes. This can be served immediately, chilled or baked at 350 for 10-15 min.

o

* Posted by doucanoe (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 19:51

Love, love, love potatoes!

Dinner tonight was this. They are so filling we always have them as a main course rather than a side!

Free Image Hosting at

Andouille and White Cheddar Over-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2000

8 large baking potatoes, like Russets
Drizzle olive oil
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups thinly sliced onions
1/2 pound andouille sausage, ground
8 tablespoons butter
1 to 1 1/2 cups cream fraiche
1/2 pound white cheddar, grated
1/4 cup chopped chives
1/4 cup chopped parsley

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Season the potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool.

In a saute pan, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until caramelized, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.

Meanwhile, in a saute pan, over medium heat, add the 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is hot, brown the sausage, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the sausage and drain on paper towels. Set aside.

Using a sharp knife, remove the top 1/4 of each potato. Using a spoon, remove the flesh from each potato, leaving about 1/4-inch border on each potato. Set the hollowed potato shells, aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the potato flesh, butter, and cream fraiche. Season with salt and pepper. Using a hand masher, mash until smooth. Add half of the cheese, onions, sausage, chives, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.

Fill each hollow potato with the potato/sausage mixture. Top each potato with the remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet and bake until the potatoes are warm and the cheese melts. Remove from the oven and serve.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sharon's Easy Parmesan Potato Wedges are another I make often! Here is another pic of those:

Free Image Hosting at

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't have a pic of this one, but it is delicious!

Potatoes Savoyarde

1T unsalted butter, melted plus
3T unsalted butter cut into small pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
2T finely chopped fresh parsley
1-1/2c shredded gruyere cheese
1/4tsp freshly ground pepper
2-1/2lb potatoes, unpeeled and sliced
1-1/2c chicken stock

Preheat oven to 375F. Brush 2qt. baking dish with melted butter. In small bowl stir together garlic, parsley, cheese and pepper. Layer 1/3 of the potatoes in prepared dish and sprinkle 1/3 of the garlic/cheese mixture over the top. Dot with 1T of the butter pieces. Repeat the layers once, and finish with the remaining potatoes. Pour the stock and then the remaining garlic/cheese mixture, dot with remaining butter pieces. Cover dish with foil buttered on one side. Bake 30 minutes, remove foil and continue baking until potatoes are tender and top is brown and crusty, about 30-40 minutes longer. Serves 6

(from Williams Sonoma)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Marilyn's Party Potatoes are super easy and super cheesy! LOL Only thig I change is instead of grating the potatoes, I finely dice them.

Party Potatoes

6 medium potatoes
1 medium onion, finely minced
2c sour cream
1/2lb grated cheddar
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4c milk
1tsp snipped chives
1/2c coarse bread crumbs
2T melted butter

Boil potatoes in water with skin on until tender, cool and peel. Grate potatoes coarse. Mix potatoes with sour cream, cheese, salt, pepper and chives, place into buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top, drizzle with butter. Bake 1 hour at 350F

Linda

o

* Posted by beanthere_dunthat (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 1:01

A little OT, but is there a way to put all the Cookalong threads in the FAQs so they can be found easily?

o

* Posted by moosemac (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 8:23

This is my daughter's adaption of an old family recipe. Can you tell she LOVES bacon????

Loaded Potato Casserole
Makes 20 large servings

6 bs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and boiled in salt water until just barely cooked i.e. when pierced potatoes are still a tad hard in the center
12 oz. Cabots Private Reserve cheddar cheese, grated
2-3 leeks, sliced 1/8" thick and separated in to rings, rinsed and patted dry
1 pt. heavy cream
4 cups of fresh bread crumbs made from day old artisan coarse texture bread (ciabatta bread works well)
16-18 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled.

Grate the partially cooked potatoes on large hole side of a box grater. Mix in cheese, then bread crumbs, then leeks, then bacon, then cream. Mixing gently between each ingredient addition. Gently pile in a 4 qt. buttered baking dish. Bake uncovered in preheat 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes.

Here's another traditional family recipe. Many generations ago, it was used as stuffing for the turkey but now we just make it as a side dish.

Pork Potatoes

10 lbs potatoes, cubed
1 very large onion, diced
1 ½ lbs. Jimmy Dean sausage meat preferably with sage
Butter

Cook potatoes in water until tender. Sauté onions in butter until just beginning to color. Mash potatoes and mix in raw sausage meat and sautéed onions. Return pot to stove and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until sausage is cooked. Crust will form on bottom of pan. Yum!

o

* Posted by ann_t (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 10:17

Pariisienne Potatoes are a favourite side.

Home Cookin Chapter: Spring Fest Dinner

Parisienne Potatoes
===================

3 or 4 large Russet Potatoes
2 tablespoons Olive oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 cloves of Garlic
Salt and pepper
parsley, rosemary or thyme

Using a melon baller, make round balls from large peeled potatoes or you can cut the potatoes into small cubes. Potatoes can be cut up ahead of time and left to soak in cold water.

In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and butter. Dry the potatoes really well and add them to the pan. Saute, shaking the pan occasionally until golden brown and the potatoes are tender. Add minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Shake to distribute and cook for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat; add fresh herb of choice,
parsley, rosemary or thyme. Serve while hot.

TIP: The potato balls can also be deep fried

o

* Posted by sherrmann (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 10:57

Garlic & parsley potatoes

They seem similar to Ann T's above, but these are so easy; they take one or two minutes to prepare, and 6 or 8 minutes to cook. Plus, they're almost diet food!

We prefer small red salad potatoes, unpeeled, cut in half.

4 to 6 Small reds
1 or 2 T Olive Oil (or butter)
Salt & Pepper
1 T minced garlic (or to taste)
Chopped parsley

Put scrubbed & cut potatoes in a microwaveable bowl with a few drops of water to create steam, cover and cook till done, a few minutes. Drain water, sprinkle with olive oil (or butter), salt, chopped parsley, black pepper and minced fresh garlic. (You can use garlic salt, if you prefer; omit salt.)

Serves 2. When the kids are home, I make a huge batch of these. For some reason, the kids think these are "fancy"! I think they're delicious and ultra easy!

o

* Posted by kathleenca (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 12:53

Cheese and Apple Hash Browns
6-7 servings

1/4 c (1/8 lb) butter or margarine
2-2 1/4 lb (about 4 medium) russet potatoes, peeled & cut into 1/4-dice (I use frozen shredded hash browns)
6 oz (1 medium) onion, chopped
5 oz (1 medium) red bell pepper, seeded and diced
3/4 lb (2 medium) Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored & chopped
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 c fresh parsley or 1 Tbsp dried
1 c (4 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

Melt butter in a 10-12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, onion, & bell pepper. Turn frequently until potatoes are browned & tender, about 15 minutes.
Stir in apples, chili & parsley; cook until apples are tender when pierced, abut 5 minutes.
Sprinkle cheese over potato mixture; stir until melted.
Season to taste with salt & pepper.

The chili powder really makes a difference.

o

* Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 17:02

Here are some of my favorites, just getting started.

Fingerling Potatoes

(Recipe from Dan Silverman and Joann Cianciulli's Lever House Cookbook, Clarkson Potter, 2006.)

For different flavor note, substitute fresh rosemary or thyme for the bay leaf.//(Start to finish 20 minutes)

2 teaspoons sea salt
1 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
2 bay leaves
1/2 pound fingerling potatoes, washed and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick coins

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the salt, wine and bay leaves. Carefully add the potatoes and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, or until they are cooked through but still retain their shape. Drain and serve.

Makes 4 servings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asiago, Potato, and Bacon Gratin

1 1/2 pounds peeled Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1 teaspoon salt, divided
Cooking spray
2 tablespoons minced shallots
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Asiago cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350°.

Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Drain. Sprinkle potatoes evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside and keep warm.

Heat a medium saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add shallots; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Sprinkle flour over shallots. Gradually add 1/2 cup milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, stirring with a whisk. Cook over medium heat 9 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt, Asiago, chives, pepper, and bacon.

Arrange half of potato slices in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour half of cheese sauce over potato slices. Top with remaining potato slices and cheese sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swiss-Style Potato Gratin

1 teaspoon butter
1 pound potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced in
rounds
Pinch of salt and black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces Raclette cheese, grated or thinly sliced
2/3 cup dry white wine
3 to 4 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease small casserole dish with butter. In medium bowl, gently toss potato slices with salt, pepper, and garlic. Place layer of potatoes in prepared dish. Sprinkle with generous amount of raclette cheese.
Repeat with another layer of potatoes and more cheese. Top with remaining potatoes.
Pour wine and milk over layered potatoes. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese. Cover dish with foil and bake for 40 min.
Remove foil and bake additional 15 to 20 minutes or until top in golden brown.
Serev immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Praline Apples and Sweet Potatoes

Great dish to slide into the oven just as the turkey comes out.

4 large sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled.
4 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut in ¼" slices
1 stick butter
1C brown sugar
½C sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp salt
1 C pecans, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350°.
Spray a 9X13 pan with non-stick cooking spray
Cut the sweet potatoes in 1" cubes and put into baking pan

Melt butter in a large skillet, over med. high heat. Add apple slices to the melted butter, saute about 5 min., just until the apples begin to soften. Sprinkle with sugars, spices and salt, continue cooking until sugars are melted and apples are cooked but still firm enough to hold their shape. Remove from heat and distribute evenly over the sweet potatoes.

Bake approx. 30 mins, or until heated through and bubbly around the edges.

Nancy

o

* Posted by lpinkmountain (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 21:51

My favorite potato recipe is "Spanish Poor Man's Potatoes" which I got from SharonCB.

Here's a few others that are a little out of the ordinary. All are T&T's, but I have kinda ecclectic taste.

Aaloo Methi

8 baby potatoes
1 cup green peas (steamed or just use frozen, which is what I use)
2 TBLSP Kasoori Methi [from "Gourmet ": Kasoori methi are dried fenugreek leaves (Trigonella Foenum Graecum). They are used in Indian cooking and taste similar to a combination of celery and fennel with a slightly bitter bite. Typically the leaves are crumbled and sprinkled over meat and vegetable curries before serving.] (I just used a tsp. or so of celery seeds and a dash of ground fennel, because that's what I had. You might also be able to add a dash of ground fenugreek, but I have never tried this.)
1 large tomato, pureed (I used canned diced tomatoes, reduced during the sauce making phase)
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp. black cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp. cumin powder
1 tsp. corriander powder
1/2 tsp. garam masala
3-4 TBLSP oil

Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender but firm. Drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in the pan. Fry the cumin seeds for a few seconds and then add the onion. Next add the kasoori methi and fry again for a few minutes. Note: you could probably add a rib of celery at this point if you didn't have the seeds, but I have not tried this. Now add the tomato puree and simmer until thick. Add the garam masala, the cumin and corriander powders and sautee until well mixed.

Lastly add the boiled potatoes and the peas to the mixture and stir gently to incorporate them. Note: I cut the small potatoes in half. Check for salt to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro and small cherry tomatoes if desired.

Note: this is spicy so I served it with a dollop of lowfat sour cream on top. Plain yogurt would be more traditional but I don't like plain yogurt.

Lentils and Potatoes with Curry, from "How To Cook Everything Vegetarian" by Mark Bittman

1 cup dried brown lentils
3 1/2 cups water, vegetable stock, or coconut milk. (I used a combo of veg. stock and lowfat coconut milk)
1 TBLSP curry poweder
2 med. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Yogurt and minced cilantro leaves for garnish
Note: You could add spinach or broccoli or another vegetable to this dish. I ended up adding some frozen spinach.

Combine the lentils, liquid and curry powder in a med. saucepan and brind to a boil. The turn the heat down to simmer, cover partially, and cook stirring occasionally until the lentils start to absorb the water a bit, about 15 min. Meanwhile, get the potatoes ready.
Add the cut up potatoes and cover the pan completely and simmer undisturbed for 10 min. more. After 10 min. continue to stir gently occasionally and check to see the lentils don't dry out. Add salt after the lentils soften up sufficiently. Cover and continue to cook until the lentils are soft and BEGINNING to turn to mush and the potatoes are tender in the center. Should be another 5-10 min. Add liquid as necessary, mixture should be moist but not soupy. Add lots of black pepper, stir and adjust seasonings. Serve accompanied by yogurt cilantro sauce or just garnish with one or the other or both.

Last recipe is a link to a Rachel Ray Oven Baked Samosas with Mint Cilantro Dipping Sauce from her Web site. Traditionally samosas are fried but I tried a baked recipe to save fuss and calories. My notes on this say: "Good but would be better with homeade crust. Yummy potato curry."

This recipe calls for store bought pie crust (YAY!). But, you could make the filling and put it in a traditional samosa pastry dough and fry them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oven-Baked Samosas with Mint-Cilantro Dipping Sauce - Rachel Ray
o

* Posted by denise8101214 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 11, 09 at 10:24

Link to all the Cookalongs.

Perhaps someone could repeat this at the bottom of the thread after the cookalong?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookalong Links
o

Wed, Nov 11, 09 at 13:56

This makes a great side for any meal.

Home Cookin Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault's Table

Green Bean, Zucchini and Potato Stew (Fassolakia Iadera
=======================================================

Adapted from: Krinos Foods

(The original recipe called for a large can of tomatoes and did not include garlic or oregano.)

Green Bean, Zucchini and Potato Stew (Fassolakia Iadera)This is a traditional vegetable mixture that is often eaten cold, accompanied by hunks of country bread and feta cheese

1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed, halved crosswise
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 ounces zucchini, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
8 ounces russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
3/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped (or dried)
1 14 ounce can of Italian-style tomatoes, chopped.
1/2 cup chicken broth
. Heat oil in heavy large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add
onion and sauté 5 minutes.Add Garlic and green beans and sauté until
onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add zucchini, potatoes, cayenne
pepper, parsley and oregano. Pour tomatoes and their juices over
vegetables. Add chicken broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover and
simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring frequently, about 45
minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Can be prepared
1 day ahead -- cover and refrigerate. Serve warm or at room
temperature. 6 To 8 Servings

o

* Posted by lorijean44 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 13, 09 at 19:55

My first ingredient cookalong!!

I made one of my favorite potato dishes tonight, potato gnocchi.

Potato Gnocchi

3 russet potatoes
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1-1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

Boil the whole, unpeeled potatoes for approximately 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced. Drain and let potatoes cool until they can be handled easily.

Mix egg, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Set aside.

Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel (often you can pull the skin right off the potatoes pretty easily with your fingers). Put potatoes through a ricer (or push through the holes of a metal colander). Mix riced potatoes with egg mixture. Knead in flour, about 1/2 cup at a time. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough, adding flour a little at a time if necessary, until dough is smooth and no longer sticky.

Divide dough into sixths. Roll each piece of dough into a long rope, approximately 3/4-inch to 1-inch in diameter. Cut rope into 1 inch pieces. On a floured gnocchi paddle or back of a fork, roll each piece down the ridges (or tines) lightly with thumb, until dough curls on itself and is ridged. Place raw gnocchi on a floured surface. Repeat with rest of dough.

Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add gnocchi. When gnocchi float to top of water, continue cooking for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from water with slotted spoon. Serve with sauce or melt butter with sage in skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Add cooked gnocchi to butter sauce and saute lightly for a minute or so. Serve with grated Parmigiana-Reggiano.

Yield: 4-6 servings

Lori

o

* Posted by katiec (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 13, 09 at 23:11

Good timing...we just took delivery on 50 lbs. of yellow Bintjes. These are the most requested at our house....

We've topped this with bread crumbs and all kinds of cracker crumbs. It's gotta be saltines, they soak up the butter and make a nice crispy crumble.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Parmesan Potatoes

Recipe By : Katie
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Vegies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 potatoes -- enough to make one layer
1/4 c butter
1/3 c saltine cracker crumbs
1/3 c Parmesan cheese

Melt the butter in a shallow casserole dish. Cut potatoes into chunks or slices and place in pan, making one layer. Toss with butter, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are almost tender. Stir occasionally to coat with butter.

Combine cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over potatoes. Bake 10 more minutes, or until potatoes are done and crumbs have browned.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Silly name, but if I don't make these with the Christmas ham, I'm in trouble...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Potatoes Elegante

Recipe By :Katie, adapted over the years from an old sour cream recipe booklet
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Vegies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 pounds (3-4 large) potatoes -- cooked and sliced
salt and pepper -- to taste
1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese -- * see note
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3 eggs
paprika

Saute onions in butter until golden.

In a deep, oiled casserole dish, layer 1/2 potatoes (sprinkle with salt and pepper), 1/2 onions and 1/2 jack and cheddar cheeses. Repeat layers.

Beat sour cream and eggs. Pour over top. Sprinkle with paprika.

Bake @ 375° for 40 minutes.

NOTES : *The original recipe called for Monterey Jack cheese and Romano cheese, but we prefer the cheddar.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

o

* Posted by ruthanna (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 8:11

The recipes look and sound delicious. Which one to try first this week?

When DD had played softball in the evenings and I was working full time, Id usually cook some items on the weekends that could be heated up on busy nights later in the week. These main-dish potatoes, along with a salad and vegetable (usually broccoli), were one of her favorite meals.

BEEFY STUFFED POTATOES

1/4 lb. (4 oz.) dried beef or ham, finely chopped
4 large baking potatoes
2 Tbs. butter or margarine, divided
1/4 - 1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 Tbs. celery leaves, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
Paprika

Bake potatoes 1 hour in a 350 degree oven until done. Slice in half lengthwise and remove potato flesh from skins and place in bowl. Save the skins. Add 1 Tbs. butter and enough milk to mash to a creamy consistency. Stir in beef, cheddar cheese, celery and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stuff potato skins, mounding mixture on top. (At this point, these can be covered and refrigerated and finished later.)

Dot with remaining butter, parmesan cheese, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes or until heated through. Can also be heated in the microwave but they will not be browned on the top.

The only photo I have of these is one where theyre ready to be refrigerated. The topping would be added when I baked them.

Photobucket

o

* Posted by sally2 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 9:45

I'm not going to have time to post any recipes until next week, but I'm looking forward to this cookalong. Actually, I don't know that I have any particular potato recipes - I just use potatoes in a lot of things. However, there was a soup I've made a few times that I got from this forum a few years ago. It's Potato Fennel Soup. It used to be on my computer, but it crashed a while back, and I lost everything. I have it printed out, but I'll have to wait till next week to type it in, as I'll be away from my computer for a few days. Maybe someone remembers seeing it? I wish I remembered who posted it, but it was a few years ago, and I just don't remember.

I'm tempted to try Lorijean's recipe for potato gnocchi. I don't think I've ever had gnocchi, and I'm curious about them.

Sally

o

* Posted by jessyf (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 10:39

If anyone wants a dairy free mashed potato recipe...i'll post later....

o

* Posted by lindac (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 12:03

I was thinking of the ways to fix potatoes...fried, baked, roasted, boiled, scalloped, au gratin....and most of them seem to be covered...with a few additions!
But the two, to me, most obvious are missing!
Potato soup and Sharon CB's tortilla....even though I have it saved I'll let her post and not steal her thunder.
Potato soup....the way I do it...
peel and slice about 5 medium sized russets.
In a pot ( I use my le Cruset oven...the yellow one..:Q)
Sautee a small onion choped fine and 2 ribs of celery also chopped fine in 2 or 3 tablespoons of butter until soft and translucent.
Add the diced or sliced potatoes and 2 cups chicken broth ( home made is better) and simmer until the potatoes are very well done and begin to fall apart...
Add 2 cups light cream.....heat....correct seasonings adding salt and pepper as needed and serve.
You can top with crisp bacon ro chopped chives ore ven some fresh grated parmesan cheese...but just the buttery milky potatoes are comfort soup at it's best!
Linda C

o

* Posted by lorijean44 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 12:40

Linda, my sister gave me a Baked Potato Soup recipe that is garnished with things like sour cream, cheese, crumbled bacon and chives. I'm planning on making it sometime this week!! I haven't made it in years -

Lori

o

Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 13:43

Heavens Linda I don't mind you posting the tortilla recipe....and it's not mine anyway, since it's part of Spanish heritage! But it sure is popular and you will find it in any Spanish tapas bar or restaurant. Even wedged into a small baguette as a snack. But here's the usual way to make it:

SPANISH POTATO OMELETTE (Tortilla Española)
=======================================

Ingredients for 4 servings:

3 medium potatoes
3 large eggs
1 onion
salt 1/2 teasp & pepper to taste
olive oil
Italian parsley, chopped (optional)

I use a 7-inch non-stick pan as it's easy to fill, making a nice high and rounded tortilla which is easy to flip over.

1. Slice potatoes lengthwise once, then slice both pieces thinly into half moons. Chop onions into 1/4 rings.

2. Coat the bottom of the pan with oil and when hot add potatoes. Keep turning so they do not burn or go brown.
When golden, remove from pan and set aside in large bowl.

NOTE: Some folks prefer to gently boil or steam the potatoes for 5 - 10 minutes rather than fry them. I've seen it done both ways and I also like to do this.

3. Put chopped onion in pan, if necessary add a little more oil and sauté until soft, without being dark brown. Remove from pan and add to potatoes in bowl.

4. Beat the eggs in a small bowl, add salt & pepper and chopped parsley, and pour over potato & onion mixture in bowl. Turn gently to coat all.

5. Add 2 TBS oil to pan and when hot, pour in the egg, potato and onion mixture. Run the edge of a sharp knife or spatula around the rim of the pan while the egg is
setting to loosen the edges. I also poke it several times in the middle to let some of the runny egg seep down to the pan. Don't let it get too dark or burn.

6. When the edges are set and the middle is still half runny hold a plate over the top and flip pan and all over on to the plate and gently slide it back into the pan.
Don't overcook as the centre should still be juicy.

7. Let cook a minute or two more on that side, then slide it out onto a plate.

8. Cut into wedges as a luncheon dish, or into small squares with toothpicks to be served on a buffet or as a tapa. Or keep it whole to take on a picnic.

The edges should be fat and firmly rounded. If you've never tried making one before, start with a small non-stick pan and when you're an expert move up to a larger pan.
A small 7 inch pan will make a nice luncheon omelette for two.

SharonCb

o

* Posted by ruthanna (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 17:18

I would be probably kicked out of my volunteer job at the Pennsylvania German festival if I didn't post a recipe for potato filling, one of the bastions of PA Dutch dinners.

I am posting a link to a potato and bread filling at Teri's Kitchen, my favorite recipe site for PA Dutch recipes. I don't use a recipe but if I measured everything out, it would probably be exactly like hers. I swear our grandmothers must have been sisters.

A big casserole of potato filling is on our family's table for Thanksgiving, Easter and many times throughout the year. I both with chicken, as pictured, and with ham. It's always baked outside the bird.

Many churches and volunteer fire companies in our area will sell unbaked potato filling by the pound as a takeout item on the day before Thanksgiving and Christmas as a fund raiser.

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Potato and bread filling
o

Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 18:43

Sally, I think you should try the gnocci. That's the whole point of the cookalong, to try something new. We're here to egg you on!! I will never make them for just me, but I like eating them. I order them at italian restaurants a lot, but they are not always that good.

As for potatoes, we haven't begun to touch my ethnic heritage here--kugel, knish and pierogi, for starters, and then there's latke and pancake. I don't do any of those things for single me except occasionally I buy pierogis. And sometimes potatoes in tsimmes, although that's more likely to be a sweet potato.

Speaking of a tsimmes, here's my version, Argentinian, from Joan Nathan. I never make it unless I have a vegetarian crowd coming, makes too much.

Carbonada Criolla
Serves 5
Use this to stuff any type of squash, like acorn, delicata, godiva, hubbard, whatever way you might like it.

Bake squash at 375 degrees for 45 min. Remove seeds before or after, however you usually do it.

Meanwhile, make filling

2 TBLSP olive oil or other veg. oil
2 cups beans, fake meat or baked or smoked tofu. That's what I use to sub for the ground beef in the original recipe. I think it was 1 lb. ground beef, browned.
1 large coarsely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
1 12 oz. can chopped italian tomatoes
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes (par boil for faster prep.)
1 large or two small white potatoes
1 cup veg. broth
2 med. carrots
1 small can corn or 5 oz. from a bag of frozen corn
4 pitted prunes or 1/4 cup raisins (or more depending on your taste)
4 dried peach halves or dried apples
Salt to taste if needed. (start with 1/4 tsp. and work your way up)

Saute onions, garlic and protein source. Add tomatoes, and broth, bring to a slow boil. Add potatoes, and carrots, cook 30 min. or until tender, add broth or water as needed. Add corn and fruit and spices and simmer 15 min. more. Stuff tsimmes into squash and bake 15 more min. in the oven. Top with cheese or sour cream if you've made this vegetarian and aren't serving it with meat and you care about being kosher. Can be made in the crockpot.

Influenced Vegetable Stew, from "Enchanted Broccoli Forest"
Influenced by Greek "stifado" which has meat. You could add ground beef to this too I guess, I dunno, I'm a veggie.

1 1/2 cups cooked kidney beans
3 TBLSP olive oil
4 med. cloves fresh garlic
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup thinly sliced potatoes
1 tsp. cinnamon (it's good, really it is, unless you are Annie who doesn't like cinnamon in a savory dish, but it's worth a try, because you might just love it. I was skeptical, but once I tried it, I became a convert. I use it in chili now sometimes too.)
1 tsp. ground cumin
lots of fresh black pepper
crushed red hot pepper to taste. (I add just a dash of cayenned, maybe 1/8 tsp. at most. This to me is not a peppery dish)
Juice from one lemon
2 large carrots, thinly sliced
1 SMALL cauliflower, broken into small florets. Good luck finding a small cauliflower. If you can't, just ose 2/3 of a large one and save the rest for salads.
4 med. fresh ripe tomatoes, cubed (or a small can of canned diced tomatoes)
2 tsp. honey

In a large skillet, saute the onions and garlic in olive oil, with salt, for 5 min. or until the onions are soft and translucent.

Add potatoes, spices, and lemon juice. Cover and cook 8-10 min. stirring occasionally. Add a small amt. of water if it appears to be sticking.

Add remining ingredients except beans. Cover and let it stew over med. heat about 30 min. Check and stir occasionally and add water or broth if it is sticking. Add cooked beans, stir and simmer about 10 min. more. Serve with crusy bread, tsatsiki (cuke, thick yogurt, garlic or onions, and mint salad) and greek olives, with cheesecake for dessert!

You can make this in the crockpot too!

o

Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 20:41

I got turned on to "Depression Era Cooking" with 90+ year old Clara by someone here, can't remember. But if you haven't seen her videos on YouTube, you've missed a treat. I like all of them, she has such joie de vive, but "Poor Man's Meal" (featuring potatoes) is my favorite.

Here is a link that might be useful: Depression Era Cooking - Poor Man's Meal
o

Sun, Nov 15, 09 at 0:09

I do an oven version of a Spanish Tortilla. Although it is served often as a Spanish Tapa we prefer it for breakfast. It is really easy to prepare for a crowd when baked in the oven.

Spanish Tortilla (Potato Omelette)
==================================

Although a tortilla can be served for breakfast, it is quite often served as a Spanish Tapa or small appetizer with a glass of wine. It is equally good served hot or at room temperature.

Most recipes that I have seen for Tortillas call for cooking the omelette on top of the stove. I find that it turns out better if you bake it in a cake pan or a cast iron pan in the oven.

(This recipe makes two Tortillas)

At least 4 large baking potatoes or 5 or 6 smaller ones
1 small onion
12 eggs
olive oil
salt
pepper

Heat oven to 350°

Peel and cut potatoes into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices.

Heat one or two frying pans and saute the potato slices in olive slowly, until almost tender. Add salt and pepper.

Cut onion in half and slice thinly. Add onion to the potato mixture and continue to saute until the onions and the potatoes are tender. I like the onions and potatoes to start to turn a bit golden.

Add a couple of teaspoons of olive oil or butter to two cake pans. Place in oven to heat.

Beat up eggs and season with salt and pepper.

Gently toss the potato mixture into eggs. Pour mixture into the two heated cake pans.

Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until eggs are set and the omelette is golden and puffy.

For breakfast cut into wedges and serve Can be served with a salsa
as well.

As an appetizer, cut into small squares and serve with a nice Spanish
Red Rioja.

Potato Gratin
=============

I don't usually follow a recipe when making a Potato Gratin. Use the following as a guideline and adjust everything to your own taste.

For a rich dish, use butter and whipping cream.

3 to 5 Russett Potatoes (or more depending on number of servings required)

1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon fresh thyme (optional)
Butter

Heavy Cream (or milk if you want a less rich version)

parmesan cheese

Gruyere cheese as well as cheddars and blue cheeses can be added for a different taste all together.

Salt and pepper

Rub cut garlic clove over the surface of a gratin or casserole dish. Butter.

Slice potatoes and place in pot and add enough cream/milk to almost cover. Add the garlic clove, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes, stirring often so the potatoes do not stick. When the potatoes have released some of their starch and thickened the liquid,remove the garlic clove, add 1 to 2 tablespoons
butter and some grated parmesan cheese. Pour into prepared casserole dish, dot with butter and sprinkle with some more parmesan cheese.

Bake in a 375°F oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

Another way to make a potato Gratin is to saute some thinly sliced onions in olive oil or butter until golden, add some thyme, and some chicken broth. Add the potatoes, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Pour into a buttered casserole dish sprinkle with some parmesan cheese and bake until cooked.

o

* Posted by maggie2094 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 15, 09 at 11:51

Love this category...natch...Irish girl - lol. I made this yesterday...my aunt's recipe I have enjoyed but never made. So easy and economical...just used thick cut deli ham and I doubled the recipe.

Aunt Annie's Chunks of Potato Soup

1 lb. potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 medium)
2 Cups Water
1 small onion, chopped
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
3 cups milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped lean ham (can use bacon)

In large saucepan or stock pot combine potatoes and 2 cups water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Set potatoes and reserved liquid aside.
In same pan, cook onion in butter until tender, stirring often. Stir in flour, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir over medium-low heat 1 minute.
Gradually stir in milk and reserved cooking liquid. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling. Boil 1 minute.
Stir in potatoes, cheese and ham. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through and cheese is melted.

Makes 6 servings

o

* Posted by chase (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 17, 09 at 14:17

I just love pierogy especially when served up with a sauerkraut or cabbage rolls and fried kielbassa. One of my favourite meals. My preference is to boil the pierogy and then saute is butter and sliced onions until golden.

Here is my GF's moms recipe, it's and old school recipe and the dough is so tender!

Pierogy

3 cups flour
1 cup water from the cooked potatoes, cooled
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vegetable oil

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until combined. Turn onto a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic. Be careful not to overwork the dough as too much kneading will toughen the dough. Put the ball of dough back into the bowl and let is stand for at least 1 hour.

In the meantime, prepare the potato and cheese mixture as follows:

3 1/2 pounds potatoes
6 oz good cheddar cheese

Pass the cooked potatoes through a ricer if one is available. If not, but sure to mash the potatoes very thoroughly. Add the shredded cheese to the mashed potatoes so that it melts and combines well .

Put aside and allow to cool before continuing

Butter and Onion

1/2 lb butter
1 onions chopped

Gently sauté until the onion is tender but dont allow it to burn. Set this aside to be used to coat the cooked pyrohy.

Assembly

To assemble, divide the rested dough into 4 parts to make it easier to handle. At this time, you will want to get a very large pot filled with salted water on the burner so that it will come to a full and rolling boil.

Roll each ¼ on a well floured board until it is rather thin but still manageable to work with. By resting your hand lightly on the rolled dough, you will be able to sense the thickness and if it is equally balanced.

Using a round cookie cutter, the open end of a 9 oz tin can, or the open end of a glass, cut rounds.

Place the round on the palm of the hand. Place a generous spoonful of the filling in the centre of the round and fold over. Press the edges together with the fingers. The edges should be fee of the filling. Sometimes it may be necessary to go over the pressed edge a couple of times to be sure that it has been properly sealed. Otherwise, you may find the perogy opening during the cooking process (when this happens, we say the pyrohy are "smiling")

Place the finished perogy on a tea towel and cover with another to prevent from drying out.

Once you have filled all the rounds, you will begin to drop a few pyrohy (up to 12, depending on the size of the pot) into the boiling water. Do not attempt to cook too many at a time. Stir very gently with a wooden spoon to separate them and to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pot.

Continue boiling rapidly for 3 to 4 minutes. The cooking period will depend on the size of the pyrohy and the thickness of the dough. Pyrohy are ready when they are well puffed.

Remove them with a perforated spoon to a colander and drain thoroughly. Place in a deep large dish then sprinkle generously with the butter and onion mixture. Toss very gently to coat the pyrohy evenly with the butter. This prevents them from sticking. Cover and keep them hot until all are cooked and you are ready to sit down and enjoy with a generous helping of sour cream.

Alternatively, you may wish to fry the cooked pyrohy in a pan with lots of butter. Do this until they become a golden brown colour.

Pyrohy may be frozen for future use by placing individual dumplings on a large baking sheet and freezing them. Once they are frozen, put them in a zip lock back and date them for future use. To use them from a frozen state, they may be left at room temperature for several hours or they may be thawed in the microwave. From this point, they can then be fried as above.

You may also place the frozen dumplings in a frying pan with lots of butter and heat them gently with a lid on the pan. Once they have thawed, you may fry until golden brown.

Stella Dachuk

o

Tue, Nov 17, 09 at 19:25

I guess I could include the specialty of the Canary Islands "Papas Arrugadas"...wrinkled salty potatoes which are so delicious.
However much of the flavour stems from the variety of small potato used, called "papas bonitas" which are not seen elsewhere.
They range usually in size from that of a walnut to that of a large egg.

PAPAS ARRUGADAS (Canary wrinkled, salt potatoes)
=========================================

There are many ways to make these potatoes. Here is the manner which is the easiest and most used:

1. Cover the unpeeled potatoes with water (if it is seawater, even better). For every kilo (2.2 lbs) of potato,
add a bit more than a half pound of salt. It doesn't matter if we add even more as the potatoes will take only the salt
they need.

2. Put the pot on the stove and cover it well with a cloth or tin foil and place the lid on top of that.
Cook for twenty minutes to hald an hour, until the potatoes are done.

3. Tip off the water and drain potatoes well.

4. Without removing the potatoes from the pot, pour a handful of salt over them, and place them
back on the stove, shaking the pot for a while until they are covered in salt.

5. Serve in their skins with two mojo sauces.

Source: translated from:
Cinquenta Recetas Fundamentales de la Cocina Canaria,
Cabildo de Tenerife

And another popular Spanish potato recipe, mentioned by LPink.

Spanish Poor Man's Style Potato Casserole - ( Patatas a Lo Pobre)
================================================

Serves 5 as a side dish:

2 lbs potatoes
1 onion
1 small green pepper
1 small tomato, sliced
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 TBSP chopped parsley
1 bay leaf
1/4 teasp thyme
1/4 teasp sweet paprika (or saffron)
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup water
salt & pepper

1) Peel potatoes and slice fairly thinly. Peel and slice onions. Cut peppers in strips.

2) Pour a little of the oil into the bottom of a flame-proof earthenware casserole or oven-safe pan. Arrange alternating layers of potatoes, onions, green peppers and tomato slices, sprinkling each layer with some of the chopped garlic and parsley.

3) Break the bay leaf into pieces and tuck them among the potatoes with the thyme. Sprinkle with the paprika and pour over the remaining oil.

4) Place the casserole on a medium heat just until potatoes start to sizzle. Add the wine and water. Season with salt & pepper.

5) When the liquid comes to a boil, cover the casserole and put in a medium oven (350F/180C) until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. Let the casserole rest 10 minutes before serving.

Adapted from: 'Tapas and More Great Dishes from Spain' - Janet Mendel

SharonCb

o

* Posted by caliloo (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 17, 09 at 20:01

Tonight I made Sharon (canarybirds) Parmesan Potato Wedges and they are OMG good! I let the potato-meister (DH) pick which recipe we were going to have first and he chose VERY wisely. What an easy and fantastic potato dish! Thanks for posting it!

And needless to say, we are looking forward to trying each and every one on the list!

Alexa

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths