SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gillylily

New to this forum, Flea help needed.

gillylily
13 years ago

Hi-

I have never posted on this forum before- I actually did not realize there was a GW Pets forum until someone in Kitchen's mentioned it.

I have a 9 year old yellow lab. For 9 years ( and 35 years of having dogs), I have never experienced fleas before until this year. I had no idea she even had fleas- she wasn't itching uncontrollably. I did find a bunch of the black stuff in her fur and was really naive thinking it was just dirt and she was due for a grooming.

Until I overheard someone talking about the same black stuff and how it was flea "poop" (not my words) at which time I rushed to the vet. i feel awful, b/c I did skip one month of the frontline and now we can't get rid of them. I gave her the frontline on Oct. 7th- I know i have to wait at least 28 days/my vet's recommendation. I have sprayed some organic flea killer on her, but I don't want to over do it. Can I give here a flea bath in between the frontline applications? I understand it sometimes takes 3 applications before the fleas are completely rid of as they have to live through their life cycle, but i am going crazy and driving my family crazy (including the dog) in the meantime.. She doesn't seem bothered by it but every time I think we are in the clear I find 3-5 more fleas.. YUCK!!!Please help me

Also, I want to have my rugs steam cleaned but should I wait until after the 2nd or 3rd application? Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (5)