SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glenda_al

Ginger vs Conch fritters AND

glenda_al
15 years ago

What a delight meeting OUR Ginger on Christmas Eve! AND the conch fritters were delightful as well!

Of course, Gingers won over the fritters, but the conch came in a close second! And oh my the Jamacian Stripe Beer was one of the bestest!

Almost missed her as I was going on ship time, and realized 10 minutes beforehand that her time was an hour ahead. So made a mad dash off ship, running, stopping at store fronts to ask where the pharmacy was.

Finally, entered the pharmacy, they pointed me out the front door and THERE WAS GINGER! Absolutely no doubt in my mind that was her.

Can I say, we talked NON-stop for our two hour meeting. And not ALL about KT or cooking forums. We had a lot to share.

We exchanged gifts: She gave me 09 calender with beautiful pics from the islands, a refrigerator magnet, beautiful Christmas ornament from the islands and photo album to store cruise pictures.

Of course, had to give her a lizard poop pot scourer from our Botanical Gardens gift shop.

AND Ginger says, NO MORE CABANNA BOYS but now Cabanna Geezers

Truly truly a wonderful visit after all these years, and now putting a face with the name.

Thank you, Ginger.

And ah yes, gave her Howdies from lots of KT'ers.

Comments (16)

• Jodi_SoCal
    15 years ago

Thanks for the Ginger visit update. Lizard poop pot scourer, an appropriate gift indeed! LOL

I look forward to more cruise stories Glenda.

Jodi-

• maryanntx
    15 years ago

How neat that you and Ginger got together! Now explain conch fritters. And tell us more about your cruise.

• nodakgal
    15 years ago

LOL It sounds like the bestest time!!

• angelaid
    15 years ago

Gosh, I love conch fritters. Haven't had them in years. Conch are rare in Lake Coeur d'Alene. LOL

• carol_in_california
    15 years ago

I love Red Stripe Beer!
    And I am so happy you got to meet Ginger.

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Those were REAL conch fritters and I ate all 4.
    Ginger had soft cuban tacos! She ate all of hers :o)

• donna_oh
    15 years ago

Boy, that had to be a thrill to meet Ginger!!
    Glad you had a good time, but knew you would!

Welcome home, Donna (^_^)

• gemini40
    15 years ago

Glenda welcome home! Never had conch fritters but I can imagine they must be delicious. I had conch chowder in the Bahamas and loved it. Send us more pics.

june

• Linda Wayman
    15 years ago

Glenda, I can tell from your posts that you had a wonderful time. I'm so glad it worked out so well for you.. Meeting a KTer was a special bonus to the trip. Welcome back here though. We've missed you.

Linda

• jenuwin
    15 years ago

Is Ginger a pharmacist?

I have always wanted to taste conch fritters!

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Being as there is only one pharmacy on St Thomas, it was the easiest place she thought for me to meet her.
    Nope she's not a pharmacists.

She manages several gift shops.

The conch fritters were FANTASTIC!

• kacram
    15 years ago

Yea!!! glad u had fun!!!!!!

• grinch_gut
    15 years ago

Well poo where is the pics? Stacy

• naughtykitty
    15 years ago

What a delight to get to meet Ginger!

I love conch fritters. I had some VERY fresh ones last year in Nassau. The best part of my trip!

I haven't thought about the lizard poo in years. Thanks for reminding me of that story and giving me a laugh this morning.

Glad you had a fun trip!

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bet Ginger is working today.

She says she works holidays when the ships are in! $$$$$$ :o)

Happy New Year, Ginger!

• chisue
    15 years ago

Ooooh! Conch fritters. Last time we stayed St.Thomas our DS and his friend ate themselves silly on these. DS had to have a physical when we returned. MD was seriously worried about his elevated cholesterol levels, but when he re-did them they were fine. It was the conch fritters!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida